Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What I don't understand about shooting heroin

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies
Besides the obvious, of course. If the have to cook it before they shoot it, how does it not burn their veins and cause excruciating pain?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:17 PM
Because their veins are most likely scarred, and the sensation is nothing compared to the high they're anticipating.?. I don't know though, I've never done heroin... Seen far too many people taken over by the drug.
Ray-of-Beezy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:22 PM
I imagine the opium clears up any give a fuck. I've never shot up, but most I know who use needles started out with pills and I've taken pills, which made me give a fuck about nothing. I've also been give morphine through IV and was floating.
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:25 PM
I would think they let it cool after they cook it... I honestly don't know
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:26 PM
They cook it to melt it. Apparently it is cooled down enough so there is no birnwhen they inject it. Thank you mom for the useless information I thought I would never need, but actually do lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:28 PM
Idk if it burns their veins, I could ask my ex sil, if you want an 'expert's opinion'. She's a recovering heroin addict.

I would assume that it may hurt in the beginning, but after a second or two, it feels like you're on top of the world. Eventually, once you become addicted, you're kinda 'immune' to the burning (if it burns) sensation and you just need that high.
Sisteract
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:29 PM

Cooling.

Just like you don't scorch your mouth on cooked food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:30 PM
I guess I thought it would solidify as it cooled.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: I would think they let it cool after they cook it... I honestly don't know
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:31 PM

It cools down incredible quick. By the time they pull it through cotton it is cooled down. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:31 PM
Do veins have nerve endings to feel being burned? Also they get high really fast I would guess making pain disappear quickly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:31 PM
It doesn't solidify as it cools?

Quoting Sisteract:

Cooling.

Just like you don't scorch your mouth on cooked food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)