Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's NOT an immigrant ban!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Immigrants are legal...immigrants are US Citizens. This ban is banning ILLEGALS from certain countries because of the real threat of terrorism. And this ban list WAS COMPOSED BY OBAMA.

Wake up people! Your biased news is lying to you and you are so ignorant...so uneducated you don't even know what an immigrant is! This should be a huge red flag for you!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2017 at 10:38 AM
Replies (61-68):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 4:39 PM

Where are you getting your alternate facts?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 6:15 PM
Pretty much this

Quoting ThatDancerGirl: And? Keep telling yourself this is a good idea that'll make America safe. The countries on the ban list are ones Trump doesn't do business with. He doesn't give two shits about the safety of America. But, he's doing what he has to to keep his supporters (by playing into their irrational fears of others) and keep his businesses afloat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 8:20 PM

They are in fact banning immigrants from those countries, even refugees which used to get a fast-track.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 8:23 PM
The refugee vetting process is the most strict immigration process in the world. We have the best vetting procedure there is.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Until we have better vetting procedures...YES this is a good idea. Most people understand this. Look at the world around you. Look at what has been happening all over and in our country. I really hope you do not believe what you posted. It's completely moronic!

Quoting ThatDancerGirl: And? Keep telling yourself this is a good idea that'll make America safe. The countries on the ban list are ones Trump doesn't do business with. He doesn't give two shits about the safety of America. But, he's doing what he has to to keep his supporters (by playing into their irrational fears of others) and keep his businesses afloat.
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Mar. 21, 2017 at 8:27 PM
Remember to VOTE Nov. 6th, 2018 Mid Term, it's a start to take our Country and White House back, VOTE all these Republicans out of office Mid Term, we can do this if we all stand together so VOTE Mid Term.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 10:05 PM

The ban has since supposedly been lifted.. 

Lots of LEGAL immigrants were being held overseas or at airports in U.S being held for hours and sometimes days while waiting travel- during D.T's ban..

the FACTS- something you KNOW NOTHING about in regards to vetting that Obama did it was for SVS card holders (refugees) and for Iraq ONLY- NOT a ban- 

background- I am an American convert to Islam- my entire family agnostic or atheist, I know a lot about immigration laws because of friends etc. I also know what happened when Obama was in office.. I did not like Obama, and I do not like Trump and I do not box my ideas or side with one party as I a more focused on issues than "sides"...

1. Much narrower focus: The Obama administration conducted a review in 2011 of the vetting procedures applied to citizens of a single country (Iraq) and then only to refugees and applicants for Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs), created by Congress to help Iraqis (and later Afghans) who supported the United States in those conflicts. The Trump executive order, on the other hand, applies to seven countries with total population more than 130 million, and to virtually every category of immigrant other than diplomats, including tourists and business travelers.

2. NOT A BAN : Contrary to Trump’s Sunday statement and the repeated claims of his defenders, the Obama administration did not “ban visas for refugees from Iraq for six months.” For one thing, refugees don’t travel on visas. More importantly, while the flow of Iraqi refugees slowed significantly during the Obama administration’s review, refugees continued to be admitted to the United States during that time, and there was not a single month in which no Iraqis arrived here. In other words, while there were delays in processing, there was no outright ban.

3. Grounded in specific threat: The Obama administration’s 2011 review came in response to specific threat information, including the arrest in Kentucky of two Iraqi refugees, still the only terrorism-related arrests out of about 130,000 Iraqi refugees and SIV holders admitted to the United States. Thus far, the Trump administration has provided no evidence, nor even asserted, that any specific information or intelligence has led to its draconian order.

4. Orderly, organized process: The Obama administration’s review was conducted over roughly a dozen deputies and principals committee meetings, involving Cabinet and deputy Cabinet-level officials from all of the relevant departments and agencies — including the State, Homeland Security and Justice Departments — and the intelligence community. The Trump executive order was reportedly drafted by White House political officials and then presented to the implementing agencies a fait accompli. This is not just bad policymaking practice, it led directly to the confusion, bordering on chaos, that has attended implementation of the order by agencies that could only start asking questions (such as: “does this apply to green card holders?”) once the train had left the station.

5. Far stronger vetting today: Much has been made of Trump’s call for “extreme vetting” for citizens of certain countries. The entire purpose of the Obama administration’s 2011 review was to enhance the already stringent vetting to which refugees and SIV applicants were subjected. While many of the details are classified, those rigorous procedures, which lead to waiting times of 18-24 months for many Iraqi and Syrian refugees, remain in place today and are continually reviewed by interagency officials. The Trump administration is, therefore, taking on a problem that has already been (and is continually being) addressed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 10:13 PM

They don't care. This is America, We should just have one big open door for anyone who wants too come in! Who care if they blow up a few buildings! Rape our dds and sell drugs to our sons on the street corner.

We have enough of it already, don't need to allow people in who are breaking laws just being here.

adopteeme
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2017 at 7:28 AM
About 'illegals' and citizenship-

Anyone know what the status is for the Adoptee Citizenship Act under Trump administration?
This bill amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to grant AUTOMATIC citizenship to all qualifying children adopted by a U.S. citizen parent, REGUARDLESS of the date on which the adoption was finalized.

#citizenshipforalladoptees

http://adopteerightscampaign.org/storycollection/monte/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)