Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No dh, you're not doing that. update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 806 Replies
2 moms liked this
Dh and I are having our third child together. I breastfed our first two for 16 months each. I tried pumping with them, but nothing ever came out. They never had formula. Dh wants to able to feed thus baby formula, I'm against it. If I can breastfeed, there is no reason for formula. There are other ways he can bond with our baby. I formula fed my first baby, not dh kid, and hated it. I'm not against formula, there is just no reason for it when I can breastfeed. I don't really need advice, just a little vent.

Update. Dh did get over it. I told him if I can pump I will but if I cant, our son will not have formula. Its nasty, smells gross, costs too much and not necessary for a breastfeed baby.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2017 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2017 at 4:53 PM
21 moms liked this
One bottle a night isn't going to hurt anything. Be thankful he wants to be involved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2017 at 4:57 PM
11 moms liked this
There is no need for it. There are other ways he can bond with our baby

Quoting Anonymous 2: One bottle a night isn't going to hurt anything. Be thankful he wants to be involved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2017 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

If you pumped and nothing came out and you didn't formula feed then did your children filter feed?

beco8627
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 4:59 PM
K
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2017 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes there is.

Quoting TinkerToyMom: There's other ways to bond.
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Mar. 19, 2017 at 4:59 PM
12 moms liked this

No way in hell I would have allowed anyone to give my dd formula for no good reason. He can rock the baby, bathe the baby, wear the baby, literally do anything else with the baby to bond. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2017 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Umm I stated I breastfed.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

If you pumped and nothing came out and you didn't formula feed then did your children filter feed?

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM
3 moms liked this
I had better success hand expressing than pumping with our youngest. I made about two bottles per day and it was nice to let DH take some feedings because we also had a toddler who needed mama sometimes.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM
9 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous 1: There is no need for it. There are other ways he can bond with our baby
Quoting Anonymous 2: One bottle a night isn't going to hurt anything. Be thankful he wants to be involved.

Well then excuse him for WANTING to be involved and feed his child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN