Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No dh, you're not doing that. update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh and I are having our third child together. I breastfed our first two for 16 months each. I tried pumping with them, but nothing ever came out. They never had formula. Dh wants to able to feed thus baby formula, I'm against it. If I can breastfeed, there is no reason for formula. There are other ways he can bond with our baby. I formula fed my first baby, not dh kid, and hated it. I'm not against formula, there is just no reason for it when I can breastfeed. I don't really need advice, just a little vent.

Update. Dh did get over it. I told him if I can pump I will but if I cant, our son will not have formula. Its nasty, smells gross, costs too much and not necessary for a breastfeed baby.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2017 at 4:51 PM
Replies (801-804):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2017 at 12:28 PM
Dh wants don't trump what is best for the baby which is breast milk.

Quoting Black_Lace:

I haven't said a word about formula. 

No, I don't, but a relationship where one person acts like a dictator and the other just "gets over" their wants doesn't sound the least bit healthy. Like I said though, if you think it's healthy and it works for you guys, good luck with it. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Obviously not or you'd shut up about formula, something my son IS NOT getting. Do YOU know my relationship with dh? no you don't. stop being ignorant

Quoting Black_Lace:

I did. 

If that's what you think, good for you I guess? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Maybe you should read my update. Also we have a very healthy relationship.

Quoting Black_Lace:

If you think that's how a healthy relationship works, then I guess go for it. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Again I get most of the say while being the main caregiver of our baby

Quoting Black_Lace:

Quoting Anonymous 1: I do get most of the say. Its what my body was made to do. Also I'm a sham and main caregiver.

Quoting Black_Lace:

you don't get to dictate to him what he can do with his child. That's not how parenting and relationships work. 

Sure, it's what your body was made to do, but it is not just your child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Mar. 27, 2017 at 12:32 PM

You sound unhinged.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2017 at 12:36 PM
Lol because I feel breastfeeding is better than formula for our son? Ok

Quoting Anonymous 24:

You sound unhinged.

SM1999
by on Mar. 27, 2017 at 3:25 PM

sarcasm

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol lady that's you. Doesn't make every case the same
Quoting SM1999:

Quoting Anonymous 1: You bond when you breastfeed, but that's not why I'm doing it.
Quoting SM1999:

Breastfeeding has NOTHING to do with BONDING with the child!!!!

I have bonded better with my two kids that mothers who breastfeed.  That is a crock of shit!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN