Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No dh, you're not doing that. update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh and I are having our third child together. I breastfed our first two for 16 months each. I tried pumping with them, but nothing ever came out. They never had formula. Dh wants to able to feed thus baby formula, I'm against it. If I can breastfeed, there is no reason for formula. There are other ways he can bond with our baby. I formula fed my first baby, not dh kid, and hated it. I'm not against formula, there is just no reason for it when I can breastfeed. I don't really need advice, just a little vent.

Update. Dh did get over it. I told him if I can pump I will but if I cant, our son will not have formula. Its nasty, smells gross, costs too much and not necessary for a breastfeed baby.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2017 at 4:51 PM
Replies (821-830):
KatGirl214
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:54 AM
  • Look at your comments.  You are saying a whole lot of nothing.
Quoting Anonymous 1: No one said let your baby starve
Quoting KatGirl214:

Misinformed about what?  What is most important about breastfeeding for me is that I wanted to help to support and build my son's immune system with my own antibodies.  I breastfed my son exclusively for the first 2 months.  I then had to return to work and my brother watched him.  I continued to breastfeed him until he was 9 months old, when he lost interest and would no longer take my breast.  I, however, could not pump and leave brestmilk for my son as I did not produce enough milk to do this.  Still, I breastfed when I got home and when he woke up in the night.  He received all the benefits of breast milk.  So my son also had formula, which has benefits of its own.  The kind I gave him had a lot of ingredients that helped to support brain development, specifically,  as well as many ingredients to help him to grom physically.  While brest milk does give all the basic requirements that a healthy baby needs and support the immune system, there are undeniable benefits to formula.  Besides, even without the other benefits, what was I supposed to do?  Let my child starve while I was at work?  Grow up!  

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah no, so misinformed. If I can breastfeed, formula is not needed.
Quoting KatGirl214:

My baby had both becasue I couldn't produce fast enough.  What's wrong with it.  There are good things to say about both formula and breastmilk.  Your baby will be gettng the best of both worlds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2017 at 10:48 AM
Have you read your comments? Have you read the date of my post and the update?

Quoting KatGirl214:

Quoting KatGirl214:

Misinformed about what?  What is most important about breastfeeding for me is that I wanted to help to support and build my son's immune system with my own antibodies.  I breastfed my son exclusively for the first 2 months.  I then had to return to work and my brother watched him.  I continued to breastfeed him until he was 9 months old, when he lost interest and would no longer take my breast.  I, however, could not pump and leave brestmilk for my son as I did not produce enough milk to do this.  Still, I breastfed when I got home and when he woke up in the night.  He received all the benefits of breast milk.  So my son also had formula, which has benefits of its own.  The kind I gave him had a lot of ingredients that helped to support brain development, specifically,  as well as many ingredients to help him to grom physically.  While brest milk does give all the basic requirements that a healthy baby needs and support the immune system, there are undeniable benefits to formula.  Besides, even without the other benefits, what was I supposed to do?  Let my child starve while I was at work?  Grow up!  

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah no, so misinformed. If I can breastfeed, formula is not needed.

Quoting KatGirl214:

My baby had both becasue I couldn't produce fast enough.  What's wrong with it.  There are good things to say about both formula and breastmilk.  Your baby will be gettng the best of both worlds.

KatGirl214
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2017 at 10:36 AM

At this point, I'm not going to go through 800+ pages of comments to find your updates, etc.  I can see that we just have different opinions.  You have a right to your opinion and to choose what is best for your child.  I was meerely telling you what happened with mine and giving my opinion of it.  I am not misinformed.  My husband was happy with my choice and he is a physician.  I understand that this is a very personal decision, and you need to do what is best for your child.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Have you read your comments? Have you read the date of my post and the update?
Quoting KatGirl214:
Quoting KatGirl214:

Quoting KatGirl214:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2017 at 10:37 AM
The update is in the post. Learn to read

Quoting KatGirl214:

At this point, I'm not going to go through 800+ pages of comments to find your updates, etc.  I can see that we just have different opinions.  You have a right to your opinion and to choose what is best for your child.  I was meerely telling you what happened with mine and giving my opinion of it.  I am not misinformed.  My husband was happy with my choice and he is a physician.  I understand that this is a very personal decision, and you need to do what is best for your child.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Have you read your comments? Have you read the date of my post and the update?

Quoting KatGirl214:

Quoting KatGirl214:

Quoting KatGirl214:

KatGirl214
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2017 at 6:01 AM

Why must you be so rude.  The only update there is that your husband is now going along with your wishes and your opinion that formula is gross.  It doesn;t explain why you would say that I am misinformed.  I never advised you to do anything and only said what I woulnd up doing in, what I considered to be a similar situation.  I, however, could not be available to nurse my child at all hours of the day past the first 2 months.  I had planned to breast feed exclusively, but I could not pump.   Nothing came out.  Had we been able to make ends meet, or even come close to meeting without me going back to work, I would have stayed home, but my husband's ex was getting 2/3 of his pay, with alimoney and child support.  Anyway, I wish you well.  I hope your plans to exclusively breastfeed work the way you plan.

Quoting Anonymous 1: The update is in the post. Learn to read
Quoting KatGirl214:

Quoting KatGirl214:
Quoting KatGirl214:

Quoting KatGirl214:

Sheila79
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2017 at 8:31 AM
Okay then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on May. 18, 2017 at 8:44 AM

So you're still nuts.  Got it.

gdfjaa
by on Jun. 18, 2017 at 2:49 AM
Bwahahahaha

Quoting Anonymous 1: I am

Quoting gdfjaa: You are so pleasant

Quoting Anonymous 1: There is no need for it. There are other ways he can bond with our baby

Quoting Anonymous 2: One bottle a night isn't going to hurt anything. Be thankful he wants to be involved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 87 on Jun. 18, 2017 at 8:21 AM
I don't understand how someone produces enough breastmilk to ebf but can't get an ounce out with a pump. I bet you are either doing it wrong or don't really want to pump so pretending it doesn't work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2017 at 9:53 AM
Breasts react to a baby's saliva. My dh has watched me struggle to pump before.

Quoting Anonymous 87: I don't understand how someone produces enough breastmilk to ebf but can't get an ounce out with a pump. I bet you are either doing it wrong or don't really want to pump so pretending it doesn't work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)