Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe what DD just did

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She has been giving me shit about smoking cigarettes in the house for years now. I finally stopped smoking around the house and now I only do it in the bathroom. Still she finds reason to complain and says she always smells like cigarettes and can't even go near the bathroom. We have a bathroom upstairs she can piss in.

This has been a daily battle with her. I've already compromised but I am not smoking outside, this is my home. So she goes upstairs and comes back down, comes up to me and blows pot smoke in my face and says "how do you like it". Idk what I am going to do with her. I am fuming.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2017 at 5:11 PM
Replies (231-236):
iwilliams76
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 2:02 PM

Stop smoking in the house. Gross!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 82 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 2:11 PM
Monkey see Monkey do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 83 on Mar. 22, 2017 at 12:38 AM
This exactly. I remember exactly the kids that came to school smelling like their parents cigarette smoke. I watched how they were treated and always felt so bad.

Do whatever you want, as long as your kids don't have to suffer the consequences.

Quoting gezzca: I lived in a house of smokers I got made fun of everyday because of how I smelled it was the worst thing in my life ... I'm sorry I'm on the 16yr olds side
Anonymous
by Anonymous 84 on Mar. 22, 2017 at 2:34 PM

I'm getting a lung scan in two weeks, possible lung cancer.  I never touched a cigarette (or pot) but was exposed to second hand smoke my entire childhood because both my parents smoked in the house, in the car, at the dinner table...everywhere.

I made a choice at a young age to NEVER smoke because a parent of a new friend that invited me over for the first time asked me, in a 'disgusted way', if I smoked.  (I was in 5th grade)  When I replied no, she asked me, again clearly disgusted, if my parents smoked.  I replied yes and she told me, "Of course, because I can smell it on you." And she walked away.  That was the first time I was aware that I smelled bad.

So, I'm with your daughter.  Go outside to smoke.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 85 on Mar. 22, 2017 at 9:57 PM
Show her some respect and maybe you will get some! Kids learn through watching their parents. You are smoking in the house. Second hand smoke can be deadly. Take your smelly butt outside.
Mireya9
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2017 at 6:20 PM
This is what I hate about people who smoke! They think everyone else wants to smell their shit all the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN