Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need medical opinions please. (Graphic pic)

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM
  • 60 Replies

Mobile Photo

I know this isn't the place to get expert medical advice. I've already called hospice and am waiting for them to call back.

Today while I was changing daniel I noticed a blister on his back. It was full of white milky looking plus and blood. I didn't break the skin and called hospice. A nurse came and looked at it. She said to watch it and call in if the area became red or the blister changed.

Just about 30 minutes ago DH had an accident. I was cleaning him up and checked the blister. This is what it looks like now. I know it isn't a blister. It looks like the dark spot is a whole. I've covered it to protect it and hopefully will hear back from a nurse soon.

My mind is racing and I'm nauseous. What is this? Please if you are a nurse or have any medical background please help me figure out what this is. I'm about to lose my mind here and am so scared.
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Its a pressure sore
AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I have worked in nursing homes, home health and hospice for 11yrs.

Honestly, to me, it looks like a pressure sore.
BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:04 AM
I asked the nurse if that is what it was. She said no. She said it may be an abscess or a kennedy ulcer?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Its a pressure sore
BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:06 AM
He has been laying on his left side. This is on his right side above his tumor.

Quoting AustinRonMommy: I have worked in nursing homes, home health and hospice for 11yrs.

Honestly, to me, it looks like a pressure sore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:08 AM
That looks super red
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:08 AM
Lather it with coconut oil and cover, after cleaning with witch hazel or tea tree oil.

Probably bed sore, but that way it gets cleaned and treated so it doesn't get infected.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0:

Mobile Photo

I know this isn't the place to get expert medical advice. I've already called hospice and am waiting for them to call back.

Today while I was changing daniel I noticed a blister on his back. It was full of white milky looking plus and blood. I didn't break the skin and called hospice. A nurse came and looked at it. She said to watch it and call in if the area became red or the blister changed.

Just about 30 minutes ago DH had an accident. I was cleaning him up and checked the blister. This is what it looks like now. I know it isn't a blister. It looks like the dark spot is a whole. I've covered it to protect it and hopefully will hear back from a nurse soon.

My mind is racing and I'm nauseous. What is this? Please if you are a nurse or have any medical background please help me figure out what this is. I'm about to lose my mind here and am so scared.
BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:09 AM
I have all of that. Will do!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Lather it with coconut oil and cover, after cleaning with witch hazel or tea tree oil.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0:

Mobile Photo

BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:09 AM
Yes and he feels super hot but isn't sweating.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That looks super red
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:12 AM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:13 AM
Anytime. I'm a firm believer in that stuff.

My mom is a cancer patient and last year they also punched a hole in her shin area checking a spot for skin cancer. Months later it still wasn't healed, no scab nothing. When I came into town I cleaned it with tea tree oil, coconut oil on it and bandaged it, 24hrs later you could already see a scan forming. By the end of the week complete scab. Her one idiot dr was amazed. (Yes I call him an idiot, I wish she'd get rid of him)

Is he able to move off that area for awhile?

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: I have all of that. Will do!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Lather it with coconut oil and cover, after cleaning with witch hazel or tea tree oil.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)