Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to quit meth??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
My ex boyfriend is a drug addict:(
I just love him still and can't stop thinking about whether he will ever actually quite or not.
I try not to worry about him because I know that doesn't help at all, but instead I just find myself wondering if he's ok or what he's doing.

It would be so sad to think he wouldn't ever quite. He's a good guy underneath the addiction.

Anyway, just words of love or wisdom would be nice to hear.

Thank you.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:25 AM
I'm sorry. It's so heartbreaking to watch good people go down that path. Watching them give up on everything they cared about hurts.
Southernmom924
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:28 AM

Just. Stop. Doing. It.

Lindalou907
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:29 AM

I'm so sorry, meth is really hard to quit, I wouldn't hold out much hope. If he wants to stop hopefully he can get into a treatment facility. Even then there is a huge recidivism rate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:29 AM

This isn't the group you turn to for support. With that said I will never understand the whole co-dependent thing...the whole but I love him because he's a good person underneath.... find your self worth and find someone who is a good person all the time.

supermama322
by Kaylee on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this
It's so so hard. He has to really want it and be ready to give it all up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:33 AM
Be coma induced for a few days while the high wears off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:39 AM
Will someone spank her please

Quoting Anonymous 3:

This isn't the group you turn to for support. With that said I will never understand the whole co-dependent thing...the whole but I love him because he's a good person underneath.... find your self worth and find someone who is a good person all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:40 AM
It is so so hard. Thank you.

Quoting supermama322: It's so so hard. He has to really want it and be ready to give it all up.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:42 AM
I'm so sorry you're dealing with this :( *hugs*

Quoting Anonymous 1: It is so so hard. Thank you.

Quoting supermama322: It's so so hard. He has to really want it and be ready to give it all up.
BluesPagan2.0
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:46 AM
Addiction is a horrible illness. It can be cured however the person has to want to stop using. The best thing you can do for him is back away. Don't enable him by giving him money. If he is hungry make him food and give it to him. But don't get heavily involved. Draw boundaries because you need to worry about yourself before him. If he doesn't want help though you can't do anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)