Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a huge spending problem...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I literally live paycheck to paycheck. I never save a dollar. IF I have money it is like I have to spend it. My credit cards are almost all maxed out again. It seems like a never ending cycle. Next month after all the bills and credit card payments I will have 200 left over. That is not enough so I know I will finish maxing out my cards. I have ordered me 2 dave ramsey books and a budget book to try to tame my spending. I pray this works because I will lose my house in less than six months if I can not control this.Any suggestions would be great.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gwyndolyn
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:09 AM

Keep a journal of what you are spending and from there, you can see what is unnecessary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:11 AM
Cut up your credit cards.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:11 AM
Put money in savings directly out of your check. Make sure you use coupons and sale ads for meal plans.
britney678
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:12 AM
CM has a Dave Ramsey group too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:12 AM

I know what I spend and almost all of it is unnecessary that is my problem. I will go to the store for one thing and I never spend less than 100 no matter where I go.

Quoting Gwyndolyn:

Keep a journal of what you are spending and from there, you can see what is unnecessary.

K3412
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:12 AM
Pay yourself first. As soon as you get a paycheck, put $200 in your savings account. Don't touch it. You can only spend what's left. Cut up your credit cards. Write down everything that you spend and see what's really necessary and what's not. Eliminate unnecessary bills and expenses. It likely won't be easy, but you are right that you can't continue to live like this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:13 AM
Stop spending money that isn't an absolute necessity. Cook from home and watch sales. Switch to Metro and drop your home line. Get rid of cable/satellite. Use heat/ac to absolute minimums. Donate plasma.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:16 AM
No advice but good luck!

I'm weird...I go through phases where I love to spend too much but also hate having either one of my credit cards over 5% so I spend entirely too much and then go the next couple months living pretty tight to pay them off. I need to get that shit under control too!
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:18 AM
We cut up our credit cards. I love to use coupons. You can get a lot of free stuff and even get paid
Pink.Sunshine
by Queen on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:19 AM
I don't live paycheck to paycheck anymore but o do have a spending problem :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)