Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever taken a look at your life

Posted by   + Show Post
And thought...Damn, how'd I get so lucky?

I know I spend a lot of time stressing out and complaining but this morning watching the kids running around getting ready for school and seeing how healthy and happy and sweet they all are and then DF drinking his coffee and kissing me and telling me how much he loves me before heading to work...It was just an ordinary morning but it hit me. I am a lucky woman. And sometimes, I need to sit back and let that sink in and be thankful.

Yes, I know. Sappy. I don't care.

by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:19 AM
Replies (211-217):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 2:15 PM
I guess I'm the only one who hasn't experience a real marriage & real love. 2 marriage both abusive but the good outcome is my kids. I look at other marriages as strange to me because I've never experienced a normal loving marriage. So I haven't got "lucky" yet
iwilliams76
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

good

Magickmom25
by Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 5:53 PM
No, quit the opposite. I look at my life and think, wtf did I do to deserve this shitty bullshit? Then I fantasize about running away while eating ice cream and watching Wendy williams
SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 9:16 PM

I have days like this and they are great.

I just read some of the post and skip to a answer.

Quoting Jojobug13: Thank you. I have no idea what got I to me this morning but just watching my kids being my kids and DF being DF...It made me almost tear up. Yeah I'm a sap. Lol
Quoting Endor-uh: Yeah, I call them my unsolicited moments of pure happiness!! I love it when I feel that way! Enjoy =D

Punky_1981
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, I have those moments a lot. My husband doesn't understand why I just sit there staring at him... I know I'm lucky. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Mar. 22, 2017 at 12:03 AM

No, I don't but I suppose I should. I'm healthy...as far as I know. I have a smart, cute and healthy child (as far as I know). We have somewhere to live and I'm not struggling paying the bills. I supposedly have more money in the bank than many other people do. My car is paid off and I'm not starting gofundme accounts to pay for bills, food or rent. Some things are shitty, like my credit but outside of that, I'm doing better than a lot of people are.

So I suppose I should be a little more grateful for what I have rather than what I don't have. 

NerdyMom2011
by Becca on Mar. 22, 2017 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Every day since my fiancé entered my life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN