Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I still wipe my 5 year old...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
Only when she's having a flare up. She has pretty severe/aggressive ulcerative colitis. She was diagnosed at 3 1/2. The bloody stool scares her when she wipes so I do it for her. (Plus it's easier for me to monitor her blood loss.) I've had to explain that a few times to people because of the looks. Would you do the same?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
belle2780
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:27 AM
Yes, I still help my 8 year old at times, she has some stomach issues and when she has diahrheea she has a hard time getting clean due to developmental delay. I also have to remind my son as he is on the autism spectrum. He is higher functioning but we still deal with some hygene issues.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:27 AM
Absolutely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:28 AM
I mean, if I had to, of course I would. I'm glad I don't need to. Mine are much older at this point anyway. I had to help my son until about that age out of laziness and his lack of personal hygiene. I had to remind that child to shower until he was a teen!
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:29 AM
Yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:42 AM
So does she go to school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this

How do people see you wiping your child's ass? I wouldn't have to explain shit. It's my child and no one's business what her bathroom issues are. 

blessed107
by Diamond Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:47 AM
I still wipe my 4 and 5 year old grandkids. I just want make sure they are clean, I don't give a damn about other people's opinions.
Swan77
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:48 AM
I would imagine any five year old is going to need help from time to time. So sorry for what she is going through and it is good for you to know how much blood she passes
stevesgirl1204
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:50 AM
That's ok, my sil still wipes for her 8 year old son and he has zero health issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:50 AM
In that situation I would. I have a DD who is always rushing to use the bathroom so while I don't wipe her, I stand there and make sure she wipes(she honestly thinks once is plenty)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)