Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crohns disease...wtf!!??!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
What are some early warning signs?

How is it diagnosed?

What makes one susceptible? Is it genetic?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:13 AM
Bump
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:14 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:14 AM
Bump for you. I don't know much about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:20 AM
They do a colonoscopy and do a biopsy to dx. Symptoms are sudden urges to go to the bathroom, losing weight, severe stomach pain, constipation. . You can get swelling and inflammation and bleeding in your intestines.

I was dx 6 years ago when I went in the hospital for severe pain and needed blood bc of the bleeding in my intestines.

There is no known cause but lots of things suggest heritary.
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:20 AM

It is most likely an inherited condition.  Many people who suffer from it have signs when they are children, that may have been overlooked or under-reported to the medical community.  It can take usually one of two courses, chronic diarrhea or chronic constipation and sometimes it can be a mix of both.  The largest complaints also included feeling bloated often and painful gas, too.  Sometimes, sufferers will also have nausea and vomiting.  It's a fairly complex disease and has treatment options to help.  Diet also plays a role.

For more information, go to the link below.  

http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/what-are-crohns-and-colitis/what-is-crohns-disease/crohns-treatment-options.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:24 AM
Based on replies 4&5 I think I need to see a gi doc, this all sounds terrifyingly familiar.
Episkey
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:26 AM
Basically this, my brother got diagnosed last year. They almost took his gallbladder out twice because they couldn't think what else could be causing it before they did the biopsy.

Quoting Anonymous 3: They do a colonoscopy and do a biopsy to dx. Symptoms are sudden urges to go to the bathroom, losing weight, severe stomach pain, constipation. . You can get swelling and inflammation and bleeding in your intestines.

I was dx 6 years ago when I went in the hospital for severe pain and needed blood bc of the bleeding in my intestines.

There is no known cause but lots of things suggest heritary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)