Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whaaaat the hell.....!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Mobile Photo

So my ds11 comes in from school angry. I asked how was school he said it was ok, i was like "just ok?" Then he said his gym teacher is a bad teacher. I asked why he thinks so? He said that they hardly do anything. He said she has them writing down what their physical goals, once that was done then they could do an activity. So he and his friends were playing basketball, the teacher came over to him and asked him how playing basketball helps him reach his physical goals.

He told her that it helps him get better at basketball, she said it wasn't good enough and put the ball away. He then told her that playing basketball will increase his stamina, by running up and down the court. Also, it helps with his strength, he needs strengh to make jump shots. She told that was not good enough abd took the ball from him.I asked what did he do then and he said gym was almost over my then (he's in 6th grade) so he just sat until the class was over.

Is that how P.E. is now? To write out and think about physical activity rather than actually doing it. WTH

***edit***
So it turns out that what ds put down as his physical goal had nothing to do with basketball. He wrote that he wanted to increase his pacer time. Thats when you run from one end of the gym to the other, touching the walls, counting how many you can do in a set amount of time. He must have had a change of mind and tried to talk his way around it.....
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:17 AM
You know when something sounds too ridiculous to be true, it usually isn't. There's another side to this story. If you're really concerned, ask the teacher what happened.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:18 AM

Eh, there's probably more to that story than you're getting.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:21 AM

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Eh, there's probably more to that story than you're getting.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:22 AM
I would probably call the school and leave the teacher a message to call me back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:24 AM
This is exactly what I'm doing....

Quoting blsdbyangel07: I would probably call the school and leave the teacher a message to call me back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:25 AM
Writing a list of physical goals was what the teacher wanted...not free-play b-ball along with reasons why the child thought it should qualify as writing a list.
Your kid needs to learn to follow directions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:34 AM
I doubt you got the whole story. Sounds like she needs to learn to follow the directions given to her though.
sha_lyn68
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:35 AM
You need to reread the OP.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Writing a list of physical goals was what the teacher wanted...not free-play b-ball along with reasons why the child thought it should qualify as writing a list.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
And coffee...I need coffee! lol

Quoting sha_lyn68: You need to reread the OP.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Writing a list of physical goals was what the teacher wanted...not free-play b-ball along with reasons why the child thought it should qualify as writing a list.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 10:05 AM

Not really. Sounds like there was an assignment and the kid was trying to BS it and just play basketball with his friends to me. It depends on what the actual assignment was, and what the point of the assignment was, which isn't noted in the OP because the poster herself doesn't know.

It's impossible to say whether the OP's kid was following directions and putting any effort into the actual assignment, but I can think of a half a dozen possibilities off the top of my head as to why the child got in trouble based on the original post. But the fact is that the child DID get in trouble, so it's pretty likely that they WEREN'T following directions well. Unless you think 11 year olds are more reliable on average than their teachers?

Quoting sha_lyn68: You need to reread the OP.
Quoting Anonymous 4: Writing a list of physical goals was what the teacher wanted...not free-play b-ball along with reasons why the child thought it should qualify as writing a list. Your kid needs to learn to follow directions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)