Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NON BINARY, Assigning gender, etc. Thoughts?????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies

I am not the one to tell people what to do with their lives, but if these same people who want respect think the world should all identify as not male or female and cater to them, then I am very much against that. I DON'T believe it's all people wanting this but I do wonder how far this will catch on? I have already seen rants about "assigning" babies a gender and how wrong that is.

How about people who are not comfortable with gender roles do their thing and everyone do theirs?

Where do you stand with gender?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:07 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:08 AM
It's up to the individual.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:08 AM
5 moms liked this
Old school I guess...males have a penis and girls a vagina.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:09 AM
3 moms liked this
I think that identifying as the opposite gender than what you were born is borderline mental illness. I also think that until you can change your DNA, all the hormonal therapy and surgery in the world will only make you a mutilated man /woman.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't have gender roles, fine whatever. But at the core most of us are either XX(female) or XY(male) genetically so humans aren't assigning anything we're born this way!

Diva-Mami
by Leave Me Alone on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:09 AM

Quoting redneckmama4: Old school I guess...males have a penis and girls a vagina.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I am so tired of hearing about it. I gave birth to girls, they have vaginas. End of story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I am very old school as well, but I a also all about whatever people want to do is whatever. I am against them making it the norm. I know I am female. My kids have their genders and I don't feel bad about it. They can work out their own shit without making the world conform.

Quoting redneckmama4: Old school I guess...males have a penis and girls a vagina.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:11 AM

I don't give a shit what they do with their lives and if they are whatever, but I gave birth to a boy and girl and I am not changing a damn thing.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I agree. I am so tired of hearing about it. I gave birth to girls, they have vaginas. End of story.

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Personally I think you are either male or female. I understand that people can be transgender but think of it more like a birth defect.

The non-binary stuff is annoying and a cry for attention.

I understand what I believe may or may not be what others agree with, but you asked lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN