Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told BM to go right ahead and call CPS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
Because she will only look like a fool

I use medical marijuana. It is pretty expensive and some months I am spending $300-400 on it. It is the only thing that helps with my seizures and I have gone from having many a day to having them every once in awhile. I get medical marijuana that is low in THC and high in CBDs which is why it is so much

DH and I talked about it and decided to use the attic as a grow space. I can get a few clones from the dispensary of the strains that work best for me and grow it myself. It will be a little bit of money up front to get everything set up and it will be awhile before it is ready, but in the long run it will save us a lot of money

We live in a state where all of this is legal.

Anyway I went to the grow shop to look at some of the lights and equipment so we can get everything set up. BMs husband was there and I said a quick hello. He offered me some advice and I thanked him.

Well a little bit later I got a phone call from BM. She told me not to even think about growing marijuana and I need to stop smoking or there will be problems. I told her that I use it for medical purposes and dont smoke (I use edibles or a vaporizer, smoking is too harsh for me). I told her why I use it and she said she didnt care. She said she will have no choice but to call CPS if I continued down this path

I told her to go right ahead if she feels that is what she needs to do. Then I told her to have a lovely day and hung up.

I am not doing anything illegal. I have used medical marijuana for years now and it clearly hasnt been a problem because she only just found out about it. All CPS will do is come and make sure it is out of reach from the kids, which it is.

I called DH and told him and all he did was laugh. I guess her husband texted DH saying to tell me sorry because he didnt think it would be a big thing.

Now I am just wondering if CPS will actually come out. I would hate for them to have to waste their time on this because BM is throwing a hissy fit.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tecnogroovymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:11 PM

If it is legal I dont see the big issue. Glad you found something to help with your seizures

acrogodess
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:13 PM
Glad you found something to help with your seizures. It's a prescription. You're doing nothing wrong. CPS won't care.
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I think I would have asked, "Oh. Should I also call CPS on YOU? Your dh was at the grow shop. Should I be concerned about what is happening at YOUR house?" 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:17 PM
Good troll. Why was her husband there. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:17 PM

It's still federally illegal though. I used to grow, I'm not bashing at all. He could potentially lose custody over this. Also, the smell will go through the entire house and outside. It permeates everything. I don't think she could have much done about the partaking but the growing is the problem. Maybe grow in the garage?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:19 PM
So, doesnher DH grow as well?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:20 PM
I agree with this too. Regardless of it being legal, CPS could find a problem with it.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

It's still federally illegal though. I used to grow, I'm not bashing at all. He could potentially lose custody over this. Also, the smell will go through the entire house and outside. It permeates everything. I don't think she could have much done about the partaking but the growing is the problem. Maybe grow in the garage?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:20 PM

So, why was her husband there?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:20 PM

If CPS does come then let them waste their time and see it was a false report and that the kids are safe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:22 PM
I have no clue. I would assume not. He was looking at stuff for actual flowers
Quoting Anonymous 4: So, doesnher DH grow as well?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)