Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you start your diet?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Or better yet, how did you change your life style? I really want to lose weight but it's so hard for me to not eat shit. (I live with someone who has it every where, moving out soon so then I can have only healthy stuff around)

I have a gym membership but it's been a couple months

How do you keep yourself motivated? How did you get off of sugar?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:08 PM
Honestly, I used diabetic sweets to supplement the sugar when cravings got bad. I lost over 80 pounds by cutting out sugar and most carbs.
Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:09 PM

I didn't and that's the problem. :/ Good luck though! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:10 PM
Any suggestions for diabetic sweets? Lol congrats that's amazing. How long did it take you?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Honestly, I used diabetic sweets to supplement the sugar when cravings got bad. I lost over 80 pounds by cutting out sugar and most carbs.
morgiefae
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:11 PM

set a date, did shopping etc. and then started the diet early

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:11 PM
I had no choice in the matter. I had an ischemic stroke on August 1st. When I got home from the hospital, the kitchen was purged so I was not tempted on my new diet from the hospital. After a few weeks, I was able to buy treats for the kids' snack box and not be tempted. I was able to start working out as per doctor release in October. I have lost almost 38 lbs and still going strong.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:12 PM

I started off with little things. Drinking more water. Cutting down on how much we went out to eat. Walking more and adding more time. I still have sugar but in moderation. I still have things I love in moderation that are not good for you.

I have days or even a week. Things don't go as well. I don't beat myself up over it. I just get back on track.

Devilish_One
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:14 PM
I first cut out soda. Haven't had it in a few years now. Then started cutting out the sweets, and random snaking, started drinking tons of water, and walking about 2 miles a day.
I now eat salads, tons of fruit and veggies and I'm up to 7 miles of walking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:14 PM
My favorite is the caramel turtles, but there's about a million varieties. I lost the weight almost a decade ago, so my memory is a bit hazy on the full length of weight loss. I do remember, for certain, that I had lost exactly 30 pounds in the first 30 days, after not losing a single pound the first week. All in all, it was *about* 6 months to get rid of the first 80 pounds, which was all but 10-15 pounds of the excess weight I was carrying.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Any suggestions for diabetic sweets? Lol congrats that's amazing. How long did it take you?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Honestly, I used diabetic sweets to supplement the sugar when cravings got bad. I lost over 80 pounds by cutting out sugar and most carbs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:15 PM
I stared making meals in advance with a meal plan I followed. If I was in the mood for sweets, I had a fruit salad. I started weighing everything that went in my mouth and logged calories to see if it was allowed in my daily budget. I was most motivated by seeing the number on the scale drop, along with my measurements. Start by changing small things, and as you get better at it, change more. Don't completely cut out sweets, because that may leas to a binge. Keep one day a week to eat a piece of cake or 1 scoop of ice cream. You won't feel like your depriving yourself. Also, some people eat out of boredom. If this sounds like you, pop a piece of gum to keep your mouth busy, and as always, consult with your doctor to see what diet would be best for you. It's hard at first, but it does get easier! Good luck with your journey!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:16 PM

My husband has, not me.

He stopped drinking soda, went low carb and more lean proteins. Also got more active. ...And don't tell yourself that you can't have something. Moderation. I piece of candy or chocolate every once in a while as a treat is fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)