Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not every single person has a social security number

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And if you think that is the case than you are ignorant.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:11 PM
Replies (241-248):
Sheila79
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 8:21 AM
If you're not in the U.S then your post is redundant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2017 at 8:24 AM
I am in the US atm however it is good you know that outside the US you don't need one. Not everyone understands that

Quoting Sheila79: If you're not in the U.S then your post is redundant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 2:49 PM
OMFG WE KNOW!!!! someone called you an idiot....

Next time don't answer a post that doesn't pertain to ou in case you get your feelings hurt

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. That isnt at all what I am saying. I was called an idiot because I said my DH doesnt have a SSN.
Quoting Anonymous 42: This is so idiotic... that's like saying only certain countries have ketchup.... because some people call it catsup

Quoting Anonymous 1: That may be true but my point still stands. Not everyone has one

Quoting marchantmom06: Actually most countries have an equivalent of Americans SSN.... they are just called different things.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Pretty much anywhere outside the US.
Quoting marchantmom06: Where might you live that you don't have one?? �
Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 2:51 PM
Again... a post talking about something that did not pertain to you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No I actually did not respond to that post. The post I am talking about was a spin off of that one. The OP was saying that anyone who didnt know their husbands SSN was a shitty wife. I said something along the lines of "I must be the worst because my husband doesnt even have one" they responded with "Everyone has one" and I said "He is not a US citizen" they then continued to argue that EVERY SINGLE PERSON has one. The post poofed when I proved them wrong.
Quoting Anonymous 42: So you responded to a post asking if you knew your husbands SSN number even though you knew the post did not apply to you as your husband is not from the US and the title was quite specific...and then got mad that someone called you an idiot?

Lol so upset that you then had to make a new post and tell people over and over that a stranger on the internet called you an idiot? You need a hobby

Quoting Anonymous 1: I didnt think there would be idiots out there that thought every single person in the entire world would have a SSN so I didnt think to say that. He has a number used for taxes but it is not like an identification number like a SSN is and it is only used for taxes in his country
Quoting goldpandora:

Then you should have said "an American SSN" ...

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes the function is the same but it doesnt make them the exact same. I said my DH doesnt have a SSN and I was called an idiot because every single person has one.
Quoting goldpandora:

France - numéro de securité sociale

UK - national insurance number 

I have both.

The name changes but the functions are basically the same depending on the structure of the country's adminstration.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What country do you live in that also has SSN?

Quoting goldpandora:

After age 16 they do here. Sometimes before.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Okay. That isnt my point. Of course most countries have numbers like that. That doesnt mean that everyone has a SSN though.
Quoting goldpandora:

There is an equivalent in every country here in Europe.

Quoting marchantmom06: Where might you live that you don't have one?? 🤔

Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 2:52 PM
Some parents don't file for their children to get a social security number.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2017 at 2:56 PM

So you have never answered a post that doesnt directly pertain to you? Lol

Quoting Anonymous 42: Again... a post talking about something that did not pertain to you.
Quoting Anonymous 1: No I actually did not respond to that post. The post I am talking about was a spin off of that one. The OP was saying that anyone who didnt know their husbands SSN was a shitty wife. I said something along the lines of "I must be the worst because my husband doesnt even have one" they responded with "Everyone has one" and I said "He is not a US citizen" they then continued to argue that EVERY SINGLE PERSON has one. The post poofed when I proved them wrong.
Quoting Anonymous 42: So you responded to a post asking if you knew your husbands SSN number even though you knew the post did not apply to you as your husband is not from the US and the title was quite specific...and then got mad that someone called you an idiot? Lol so upset that you then had to make a new post and tell people over and over that a stranger on the internet called you an idiot? You need a hobby
Quoting Anonymous 1: I didnt think there would be idiots out there that thought every single person in the entire world would have a SSN so I didnt think to say that. He has a number used for taxes but it is not like an identification number like a SSN is and it is only used for taxes in his country
Quoting goldpandora:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes the function is the same but it doesnt make them the exact same. I said my DH doesnt have a SSN and I was called an idiot because every single person has one.
Quoting goldpandora:

I have both.

The name changes but the functions are basically the same depending on the structure of the country's adminstration.

Quoting goldpandora:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Okay. That isnt my point. Of course most countries have numbers like that. That doesnt mean that everyone has a SSN though.
Quoting goldpandora:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 2:57 PM

If you live in the United States it is required to have one for much of what we do now a days.

If you live outside of the United States then I can see why they/you do not have one. 

I have only met a handful of people in 40+ years on this rock called the United States that didn't have one and they were from the United States. They were some nut a doodles against the government. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I do... but I don't post loophole answers or get butt hurt when someone calls me out.... or make another post to talk about my butthurt and tell each individual commenter that I was insulted

Quoting Anonymous 1:

So you have never answered a post that doesnt directly pertain to you? Lol

Quoting Anonymous 42: Again... a post talking about something that did not pertain to you.

Quoting Anonymous 42: So you responded to a post asking if you knew your husbands SSN number even though you knew the post did not apply to you as your husband is not from the US and the title was quite specific...and then got mad that someone called you an idiot?

Lol so upset that you then had to make a new post and tell people over and over that a stranger on the internet called you an idiot? You need a hobby

Quoting goldpandora:

Quoting goldpandora:

I have both.

Quoting goldpandora:

Quoting goldpandora:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)