Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

well that sucked....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I did my normal hike I do every weekend. this time though I felt a weird pulling sensation on the back of my knee after we got back to the car. this morning (2 days later) the back of my leg is purple........greeeeeeaaaaat.....and I have a dr's appointment today.....so fun......I hope she doesn't tell me I can't hike anymore...I go up there to unwind and recharge....

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:34 PM

You just pulled a tendon, which is causing the pain and bruising.  I doubt your doctor will tell you not to hike anymore.  Just be sure to let it heal completely before going back up.  If you don't give it a week or two to heal, it will recur.  And wearing a knee brace is a good idea too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:44 PM

its not in pain though lol it's just purple. the knee brace is a good idea. my dad has a bunch I can borrow.

Quoting chalisa0:

You just pulled a tendon, which is causing the pain and bruising.  I doubt your doctor will tell you not to hike anymore.  Just be sure to let it heal completely before going back up.  If you don't give it a week or two to heal, it will recur.  And wearing a knee brace is a good idea too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)