Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your kitchen shelves lined with paper?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K3412
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:51 PM

Not paper; that rubber shelf/drawer liner. That's what my mom always did, so when I put together our first home, I did the same thing. Been that way ever since.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:52 PM

Nope

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:52 PM
No. It's like a kind of soft squishy fabric roll stuff. Pretty sure that's the official name for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:52 PM
No
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:52 PM
Not since 1979....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:55 PM

Yes, it was the first thing we did when we moved in here, because the cupboards were all very gross. I mean dead bugs & exploded cans in them gross, so after they were all given a good scrubbing, we lined them with contact paper just to be certain our own dishes & food did not have contact with the original surfaces. Eventually I want to replace the cabinets, but until then, contact paper it is.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:56 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:58 PM

yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 2:58 PM

No. They were at my old house and the paper was old and kind of gross. I wouldn't go out of my way to line the shelves. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 3:00 PM

When I installed my new kitchen I put in the plastic shelf liner.  Periodically I remove it and wash it. The wooden surface that is the bottom of the cabinet is not as easy to wash and sanitize.  Since I store my glasses face down (as you are supposed to) I like to be sure they are on a clean surface. The plastic washable liner provides that.  It's like what I have used in the restaurants I worked in over the years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)