Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Etiquette

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I've had a conversation with my df 2 months ago about his dd walking into our home and not speaking. I find that completely rude. He was right there when it happened and didn't say a damn thing to her about it. I spoke my mind on the issue after she left and he said it won't happen again. Today my df came home and did not speak when he entered and I'm doing everything possible to keep myself from blowing up on him. He did not have a good day but that is never an excuse to enter a home and not greet whoever is there. Now I see where his rude kids get their behavior from. My kids know better than to walk into a home without greeting first. Do you teach your kids to speak when they enter a home?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:27 PM
No I don't expect my kids to speak the moment they enter the door.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:30 PM
So you're ok with them looking you directly in the face and going on about their day?

Quoting MrsDavidB25: No I don't expect my kids to speak the moment they enter the door.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:32 PM
Well normally a person does say hello. Either person. But if not I would assume they are mad or upset about something, or just plain not in the mood to talk. I don't find it a huge deal.

Quoting Anonymous 1: So you're ok with them looking you directly in the face and going on about their day?

Quoting MrsDavidB25: No I don't expect my kids to speak the moment they enter the door.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Omg get the fuck over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:34 PM
Talking and saying hello are two different things.

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Well normally a person does say hello. Either person. But if not I would assume they are mad or upset about something, or just plain not in the mood to talk. I don't find it a huge deal.

Quoting Anonymous 1: So you're ok with them looking you directly in the face and going on about their day?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
How do you people survive life getting upset over such trivial shit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:34 PM
Nope. Not in my home.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Omg get the fuck over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:35 PM
Believe it or not, I'm laid back as hell. Df is the one with the stick up his ass.

Quoting Anonymous 3: How do you people survive life getting upset over such trivial shit?
kristinm87
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:36 PM
Damn. You beat me to it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: How do you people survive life getting upset over such trivial shit?
HaloSue
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:37 PM
My children are very polite and respectful and always greet people or say something!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)