Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WATCH your children!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies

Sick of people treating the park like it's a daycare center. It's not. And I'm not the damn babysitter.

Had to get on to a kid-he was probably seven or eight- at the park today and supervise clean up because he was breaking a glass bottle against the playground.

ETA: He was putting MY kids in danger breaking the glass bottle and no, I'm not going to take my kids home just because other people drop their kids off unsupervised. If I did that every time they'd never get to play at the park!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:55 PM
I would not worry about a kid that wasnt mine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:55 PM

Quoting Diva-Mami: I would not worry about a kid that wasnt mine.

I worry about all the children-but he was putting MINE in danger by breaking a glass bottle against the playground.

angkorsaway
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:56 PM

Yeah the breaking glass is a no go. You have to say something in that case.

AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:57 PM

I watch my kids... but I wouldn't tell other children what to do unless they were directly impacting my children (like hitting or pushing).... it's not my business if another child is breaking a glass bottle... I don't try to mother the world.  If you're not the babysitter... don't act like one.

Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:57 PM
Then you take your child and leave. That is why people leave their kids, because people like you will watch them.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Diva-Mami: I would not worry about a kid that wasnt mine.

I worry about all the children-but he was putting MINE in danger by breaking a glass bottle against the playground.

mamaracheli
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:58 PM
I would direct my child to play somewhere else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:00 PM
I wouldn't be bitching like you.

I'd get on him, maybe find a parent and say whatever after that. I don't think at that age parents should have to hover.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Sick of people treating the park like it's a daycare center. It's not. And I'm not the damn babysitter.

Had to get on to a kid-he was probably seven or eight- at the park today and supervise clean up because he was breaking a glass bottle against the playground.

ETA: He was putting MY kids in danger breaking the glass bottle and no, I'm not going to take my kids home just because other people drop their kids off unsupervised. If I did that every time they'd never get to play at the park!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:02 PM

Quoting AmiJanell:

I watch my kids... but I wouldn't tell other children what to do unless they were directly impacting my children (like hitting or pushing).... it's not my business if another child is breaking a glass bottle... I don't try to mother the world.  If you're not the babysitter... don't act like one.

Them breaking glass on the playground directly impacts my children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:03 PM
My kids go to the park. It's a park. Why would you think I think it's a daycare center? I know the difference between a daycare center and a park. I don't always go to the park with my kids. And you don't need to watch my kids.

You can either intervene in this situation, or shut up and walk away. Either way, it is not your responsibility to parent other people's kids. Teach your children to avoid dangers such as broken glass. Or clean up the glass yourself if it worries you. But don't parent another kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:03 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't be bitching like you. I'd get on him, maybe find a parent and say whatever. I don't think at that age parents should have to hover.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

I'm venting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)