Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Huge residential fire in Kansas

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:58 PM
  • 8 Replies
An apartment complex under construction in Overland Park, KS caught fire and is a total loss. The embers coming off of it from winds has now ignited at least 12 neighboring homes and the fire is growing (started with 6 homes) before the fire departments can get it under control. They've called in all surrounding city's FDs to come assist.

Awful for those families. I hope they get it under control.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/34956522/area-homes-catch-fire-after-massive-blaze-breaks-out-in-overland-park-apartment-complex
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw that. We know people who live in Overland Park, and we don't live too far away. Scary.

kcangel63
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:02 PM
I saw that on fb. :(

Hopefully nobody was hurt.
Trouser.Mouse
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:04 PM
So far, no injuries. Hopefully, all of the firefighters stay safe.

Quoting kcangel63: I saw that on fb. :(

Hopefully nobody was hurt.
morgiefae
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:07 PM

OMG.. My thoughts are with them :(

Trouser.Mouse
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:12 PM
Wow, it's so scary to think of your entire neighborhood being on fire.

Quoting Catherinesmom12: That sucks. We had a huge fire like that in Cambridge Ma a few months ago. 10 alarms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:13 PM
That's horrible. My heart goes out to them.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: An apartment complex under construction in Overland Park, KS caught fire and is a total loss. The embers coming off of it from winds has now ignited at least 12 neighboring homes and the fire is growing (started with 6 homes) before the fire departments can get it under control. They've called in all surrounding city's FDs to come assist.

Awful for those families. I hope they get it under control.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/34956522/area-homes-catch-fire-after-massive-blaze-breaks-out-in-overland-park-apartment-complex
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:21 PM

A similar incident occurred in Raleigh, N.C. last week and homes were evacuated in a five block area around the fire area.  

Those evacuees have not been able to go back home yet.  Some have been allowed to go in to get a few belongings that they could carry out.

Apartments "under construction", what are they building them with these days ???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:37 PM
There was one just in Raleigh this weekend and there's one in Atlanta right now too. All were apt buildings and all were under construction. 🤔
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)