Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody get a positive hpt only after a week?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
With negatives before that time period?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:21 PM
6 days was my earliest, but it was twins. Not sure if that means anything. My singles took longer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:25 PM
When you say your singles took longer do you mean you got negative before finally getting a positive? How long did it take you to get your positive?

Quoting Anonymous 2: 6 days was my earliest, but it was twins. Not sure if that means anything. My singles took longer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:33 PM
With ds, I had a negative blood test 9 days before menstruation and a positive 2 days after that. I'm not sure what or why that was tho
Careeka22
by Caitlin on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:36 PM
I was 9dpo with an obvious positive this time, it's twins. Idk if it would have been positive earlier since that was the first time I tested.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:37 PM
If you took it 9 days before your period, it was probally way too early. Usually tests start to show positive only after you have missed your period. Before that the hcg levels are usually too low.

Quoting Anonymous 3: With ds, I had a negative blood test 9 days before menstruation and a positive 2 days after that. I'm not sure what or why that was tho
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:37 PM

A week past when my period was due?

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:39 PM

Because implantation doesn't occur 9 days before menstruation usually, so you wouldn't have a measurable leavel of HCG at that time....

That's 100% normal. Getting a positive 9 days before your period would be abnormal.

Quoting Anonymous 3: With ds, I had a negative blood test 9 days before menstruation and a positive 2 days after that. I'm not sure what or why that was tho

lunabella79
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 6:39 PM
I had a positive with 2 of my pregnancies just 9 DPO. They were singles.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:40 PM
We used IVF so I knew ahead of time to start testing on a certain date, but I was too excited to wait. I think it was positive early due the HCG levels being higher with twins, but I really don't know. We confirmed with blood test 3 days later. My singles again were IVF, but I was scared to test too early since I lost my twins at birth. Got negatives at 9,10 then at 13 got a positive then confirmed with blood test next day. Just relax sweetie and test when you're supposed to.

Quoting Anonymous 1: When you say your singles took longer do you mean you got negative before finally getting a positive? How long did it take you to get your positive?

Quoting Anonymous 2: 6 days was my earliest, but it was twins. Not sure if that means anything. My singles took longer.
Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:42 PM
I got negatives until I was 3 days late.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)