Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession- sometimes I fantasize about being totally single.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
After the divorce, its been just me & the kids.. And they are happy children. But I am so ran ragged.. I often daydream, mostly late at night, about living on my own and never cooking, or picking up after little ones.. Only doing my laundry, not having a schedule to keep. I love my children dearly, but I've been a mother since age 20.. Sometimes I just want to know me.. And then I immediately feel guilty.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marivilla
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:15 PM
I fantasize about that every single day
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:23 PM
It's good to dream ;) don't feel bad
I've been parenting since I was 20 as well, I have one out and living on their own and one that will be in the next year or two and then my youngest (in 11 years or so)...they grow all to quick, hang in there and in the mean time make sure to make time for you :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:25 PM

Think thats pretty normal honestly

f.i.s.h
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:26 PM
Don't we all? Lol
Idkmyscreenname
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:27 PM
That's totally normal. I have that life now that my kids are adults. It's beautiful
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
When i'm stressed I do too. Not even gonna lie
Sissy-Smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:30 PM

I don't fantasize about living alone because as much as my kids also run me completely ragged -- I don't know what I'd do without the noise, the cartoons on and my Youtube music almost on silent.. lol.. And the random walking over to me and them saying I love you, mommy.. 

Now as far as a relationship goes, I'm at that point in my life now -- for get it!! lol..  I couldn't have another man live with me now if my life depended on it.

Does your kids' dad get them for visitation at all? My kids' dad get them every single weekend and he gets our daughter more than our son because our son is in Kindergarten so I have him all the way up til Friday but our daughter is two and I have to work so he gets her midweek til Saturday.  

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sure we've all had those moments. Well not The 🦈 or any of the other perfect moms, but most.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:21 PM
Good.. Because it makes me feel isolated & guilty sometimes..

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Think thats pretty normal honestly

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:22 PM
Yes, mostly every other weekend..

Quoting Sissy-Smurf:

I don't fantasize about living alone because as much as my kids also run me completely ragged -- I don't know what I'd do without the noise, the cartoons on and my Youtube music almost on silent.. lol.. And the random walking over to me and them saying I love you, mommy.. Now as far as a relationship goes, I'm at that point in my life now -- for get it!! lol..  I couldn't have another man live with me now if my life depended on it. Does your kids' dad get them for visitation at all? My kids' dad get them every single weekend and he gets our daughter more than our son because our son is in Kindergarten so I have him all the way up til Friday but our daughter is two and I have to work so he gets her midweek til Saturday.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)