Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I filed my divorce papers today-sorry it's so long

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband and I met thru a mutual friend in August 2015. He really liked me, but I had just gotten out of a relationship and I wasn't interested.

He kept coming over with this mutual friend to hang out with my brother. My brother and I had an apartment together. Shared the rent 50/50 and I paid all the other bills because I made more money.

We started hanging out in weekend when in was off work and he would hang out with me all day after I got off work. I worked 3rds, so I was home from 7am-9pm. I started to like him and ended up fall in head over heels with him.

He moved in at the end of August after i suggested it. He was losing his apartment because he had most lost his job. Things were great. He helped me clean the house, he cooked for dd when i was sleeping. He took the trash out. It was nice to have some help. I found out in October I was pregnant.

In November we got evicted, because my brother lost his job and I couldn't keep up with the bills. I had more going out than I had coming in. We split up right before the eviction. I moved in with my best friend and he stayed in the apartment.

Right before Christmas we got back together. We moved to another city and lived in a motel. We got married in April 2016, baby was due June 2016.

Everything was great until the baby was born. 2 weeks after her birth his dad passed. He started doing drugs and we were always broke. I quit my job to stay home and take care of the kids.

He started getting irritated alot more than usual, usually about something stupid. This creates alot of tension between us. We ended up moving in with my parents when the baby was 3 weeks old. I went back to work when baby was 4 1/2 weeks cuz in was tired of being broke all the time.

We loved at my mom's a few months and he got kicked out for kicking me. A few weeks later he was over to talk and he took my kindle. I tried to take it back and he grabbed me by my throat. He ended up smashing my kindle, broke my new laptop, and my cell phone.

Found out he had been talking to a girl at work and tried to hook up with her on the side. The only reason I found out is because he got arrested for missing child support court and left all his stuff with me. He wanted me to call his boss, but the number was in his phone and he put a pattern lock on it.

I was beyond pissed. We were married and had a baby. How could he do this to me? He claimed nothing ever happebed, but the texts suggested otherwise.

He ended up having no where to go, so we got back together and lived in motels. They are sooo expensive. About $235 a week for a cheap one.

We got in a fight in August 2016 and he got really mad. He snapped my cell phone in half, took my glasses threw and busted them, scratches my face, grabbed me in the choke hold and slammed me on the motel bed, then fell on me. I was 8 weeks pregnant with baby #2.

I called the next day and reported him. He got picked up Sept. 13,2016. He's currently serving a year of his 2 year sentence. I'm filing for divorce so theres no way in hell he can get any kind of custody of our daughter. He is violent and doesn't like when babies cry. Our baby had colic and refused to help, simply because he couldnt handle the crying. I lost my job because I couldn't sleep during the day after working 6p-6a. It was awful. I don't wish a colicky baby on anyone.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 8:07 PM
Replies (41-43):
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Mar. 21, 2017 at 1:26 PM
Me neither.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: I can't say I feel sorry for you.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Mar. 21, 2017 at 1:30 PM
Good grief, you've already hopped on the next dick. Amazing example you're setting for your kids. You're pathetic.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've already moved on. I have known my boyfriend for about 7 years. He's my best friends brother-in-law. He wanted to step up and help me raise my baby girl and if the second one would of made it, that baby too. He is amazing and idk what I would do without him. He is so supportive and had no problems helping with the baby or keeping her so I can do things alone. I've never had anyone like that before.

Quoting Anonymous 9: I'm glad you got out for the sake of your children. I have a feeling you'll go right back to him when he's out, or you'll find some other loser just like him. I really hope you don't.
Eternity807
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 1:39 PM

You aren't teaching your girls to be strong independent women.  You are teaching them to depend on others and that is incredibily sad.  Get out of your parents house.  Stop living in hotels.  Get a job.  Support yourself.  And stop having babies with deadbeats. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN