Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why don't Mormons like Jehovah's Witnesses?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Saw this earlier in the post about JW at the door and quoted the person who said this but she hasn't replied.

ETA: it was the other way around. Jehovah's Witnesses don't like Mormons. But anyone know why this is?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 11:49 AM

They should band together and take on the Scientologists lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: There can only be one cult in America.

sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 11:49 AM

Jehovahs Witnesses don't like anyone except other JW.

Mormons don't like them for the same reason everyone else doesn't like them. They are a crazy cult.

hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 11:51 AM

This.  There has to be a division between religions.   How else would only some get to heaven?!

Quoting quinnsmom715:

most religions dont like other religions.thats why they suck..and also completely lose the point of the bible..

Jambo4
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 11:51 AM

Quoting Anonymous 11:

No denomination likes any other. There's one book, most Christians follow that and believe in the same God, but if you don't interpret that book EXACTLY as they do......you're the scum of the Earth. It's like Thunder Dome lol.

Perhaps you should state it's your opinion rather than a declaration?

I know this is part of "Articles of Faith" that the Mormons embrace:

11  We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

LDS Amber

Jambo4
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 11:53 AM

Quoting sarahfire:

Mormons don't like them for the same reason everyone else doesn't like them. They are a crazy cult.

Again... a personal opinion and not the general rule.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm definitely aware of what's in my quad.

I do understand that blanket statements suck though, I did mean most instead of all and should have made that more clear.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting Anonymous 11:

No denomination likes any other. There's one book, most Christians follow that and believe in the same God, but if you don't interpret that book EXACTLY as they do......you're the scum of the Earth. It's like Thunder Dome lol.

Perhaps you should state it's your opinion rather than a declaration?

I know this is part of "Articles of Faith" that the Mormons embrace:

11  We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 11:54 AM

Quoting Jambo4:

I would say it's just a personal opinion.  

MY personal opinion is that I like and appreciate JW.  They have the right view on the Trinity. =)

What is their view?

sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 11:56 AM

I thought that went without saying. I don't speak for anyone but myself. And actually I don't hate JW at all, I have a few in my family and my DH's best friend is JW also. I just think the religion as a whole is false.

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting sarahfire:

Again... a personal opinion and not the general rule.

Jambo4
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 11:58 AM

Quoting Anonymous 12:

Quoting Jambo4:

MY personal opinion is that I like and appreciate JW.  They have the right view on the Trinity. =)

What is their view?

I don't want to try to speak for JW on this but I can say that they line up with the Mormons in understanding that the Trinity view is a man made conception rather than separate beings. 

LDS Amber

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 11:58 AM

That Jesus is the literal son of God, not God come down to Earth in human form. That they're two, separate, beings. A father and his literal son. They still believe that Jesus died for our sins, all that. They just believe that he was God's son rather than God Himself.

Quoting Anonymous 12:

Quoting Jambo4:

What is their view?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)