Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you helpful when it comes to eating balanced?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 10:44 PM
  • 17 Replies

Want to start balancing our eating habits a bit better, were not awful, but we could still make some changes to what we consume.

Its 2 adults and 2 kids. One has many eating aversions, and has a specific diet, so its mainly just 2 adults and a 16 month old, who eats pretty much anything, we toss her way. lol 

Can you give me a sample of what your balanced, breakfast, snacks, lunches and dinners look like?

by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sailor.Moon.Mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 10:45 PM

BUMP!

mamaracheli
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm no help lol. I'll be following this thread though.
Sailor.Moon.Mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 10:49 PM

haha

Quoting mamaracheli: I'm no help lol. I'll be following this thread though.

Sailor.Moon.Mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 10:49 PM

BUMP!

Sailor.Moon.Mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 10:57 PM

Well I guess, everyone is like me, they do not eat perfectly balanced meals... lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:01 PM
We eat mostly organic. I make stir fries often, lots of soups and vegetable stews, black bean chili, beet or zucchini "noodles" mixed with some form of pasta and maybe spinach....
Sailor.Moon.Mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: We eat mostly organic. I make stir fries often, lots of soups and vegetable stews, black bean chili, beet or zucchini "noodles" mixed with some form of pasta and maybe spinach....

We do a lot of that too, just not beans, beets or zucchini, were not big on those. I feel like I am missing something in our meals, lol

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:08 PM
We eat entirely organic whole food, it's not easy, but the children get more used to it every day. This morning for breakfast there was whole wheat toast with ricotta cheese and drizzled with honey, served with berries and ham slices. Lunch was meatballs that I make with half beef, one quarter vegetable purée and one quarter eggs with tomato basil sauce, some had spaghetti others had spaghetti squash. Dinner was romano cheese and Italian herb crusted chicken breasts with sautéed spinach and roasted asparagus.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My mantra is 80% healthy and 20% junk. Does that help 😂?

Quoting Sailor.Moon.Mom:

Quoting Anonymous 1: We eat mostly organic. I make stir fries often, lots of soups and vegetable stews, black bean chili, beet or zucchini "noodles" mixed with some form of pasta and maybe spinach....

We do a lot of that too, just not beans, beets or zucchini, were not big on those. I feel like I am missing something in our meals, lol

Sailor.Moon.Mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:46 AM

I am asking for balanced meals, as in meals made with the proper amounts that is needed, as the average person, most people have different diatary needs, but i am just looking for general ideas.

We eat mainly foods that I cook here at home, although we do eat out some months more than others.

I make a lot of soups, stews, pastas, and stir fry dishes, rice dishes.... we normally do not eat breakfast, or lunch, just snack throughout the entire day, then eat dinner. Our food choices are not awful, we do not consume a lot of store bought junk, or processed foods.

not looking for a lifestyle, just better and different.

Quoting Anonymous 2: What are you currently eating? You should understand what balanced is, the foods that qualify as well as portioned and then come up with dishes. Asking for meal ideas can work for a little but unless you understand it it won't become a lifestyle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN