Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is the death penalty a form of cruel and unusual punishment? Are certain groups of people sentenced to the death penalty more than others? What crimes do you feel deserve the death penalty no matter what?

I'm watching investigation discovery on tv right now, I'm obsessed with this type of stuff.
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:03 PM
Replies (61-67):
Sheila79
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 8:33 AM
Molesters, child abusers, rapists.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 10:12 AM
Did I say I wish they had gotten it? No. What I said was IF their juries had given it to them I wouldn't shed a tear. Had I been on those specific juries (or any other capital case) I would never have voted for death.

Quoting Crazy-Steph: You don't believe in it, for any reason, yet wish that 2 people had gotten it? Lol

Quoting Anonymous 9: I don't believe in the death penalty for any reason.

With that said, it is legal in some states. I wouldn't shed a tear if someone like Casey Anthony would have gotten it or the chick who killed Travis Alexander had. I hope it's eventually illegal everywhere though.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Mar. 21, 2017 at 10:13 AM
I'm fully against the death penalty.
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 10:15 AM
I am against the death penalty in any circumstance. It has been used on innocent people, it is not applied equally based on gender and race of both victim and criminal, and its more expensive than life in prison.
Kiwismommy19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 10:29 AM
Forensics have come a long way though. Less likely to convict the wrong person with where we're at with DNA and things like that.

Quoting Anonymous 19: I agree with this to a certain extent. There are a lot of innocent people convicted though, too. So I'm on the fence about it. I've watched quite a few 20/20 episodes of people who were innocent being released years later. Our justice system is slightly messed up. We use our personal opinions too often.

Quoting Kiwismommy19: You kill, you should be killed, no question. You rape or molest, you should be killed. And none of that years on death row bullshit. You die within 6 months of getting convicted. Think of how much the overcrowding of prisons would go down if we killed all these fuckers quickly rather than giving them soft sentences.
ChildOfTheLight
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 10:31 AM
I do not support the death penalty for any crimes. I believe there is that of God in every person. Therefore, violence against another person is violence against God. I'm a pacifist.
Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 11:51 AM

So you're against it, but would be ok with it being handed down?

Quoting Anonymous 9: Did I say I wish they had gotten it? No. What I said was IF their juries had given it to them I wouldn't shed a tear. Had I been on those specific juries (or any other capital case) I would never have voted for death.
Quoting Crazy-Steph: You don't believe in it, for any reason, yet wish that 2 people had gotten it? Lol
Quoting Anonymous 9: I don't believe in the death penalty for any reason. With that said, it is legal in some states. I wouldn't shed a tear if someone like Casey Anthony would have gotten it or the chick who killed Travis Alexander had. I hope it's eventually illegal everywhere though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)