Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A black eye: update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have one. How do I cover it up? It's not the worst, but it's day 2 and it's still swollen and is now purple and black.

Liquid foundation and concealer only go so much. The black and purple still show. Is there anything better?

Update: dermabond is like magic! It was about $40 but it covers the bruise in one layer. My face is puffy on that side but you can't see the purple and black. I'm going to keep trying the potato peels and hope it helps it heal faster. I couldn't do they egg thing, it hurt too much.

Thanks for the help!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Replies (61-67):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:08 PM
I work retail, the glasses just won't work. It's a little boutique like store. Also, part of the bruise is on my cheek. It hurts to wear glasses. When the swelling goes down I'll have more options.

Dermablend is wonderful though.

Quoting Anonymous 13:

Buy some shaded sunglasses not too dark but enough to see your eyes and explain the boss for your reasoning for them.  Put a little foundation as well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:09 PM
I'm so happy it worked for you!! I had some bruises on my legs from a fall in the summer before I had to be in a wedding (short dress, of course!) and that's how i discovered it. I knew if it worked on me (i never knew bruises could get so black!) then it should work on anything. I hope it heals quickly for you!

Quoting Anonymous 8: I second Dermablend, it's incredible. It is used in movies to cover tattoos. They have both concealer and foundation so you can match them and use both. You can buy it online but if you need it asap both ULTA and Sephora carry it. The women who work there can help you pick your shade if you're not sure, and they have testers available.

Quoting Anonymous 6: Dermablend or Covermark. If you can't find either of those, ask for a waterproof concealer. I hope no one did this to you. Wishing you a quick recovery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:10 PM
Thank you!

I'm a bit of an introvert and the stares and well meaning comments were giving me anxiety. I was a bit upset yesterday. I think today will be much better!

Quoting shell3m: Glad you found something that work. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:12 PM
Thank you! I was looking for a miracle and I found it. The people at sephora were awesome too. They found just the right color. I usually have to to buy 2 colors and blend them to match my skin tone.

Quoting Anonymous 8: I'm so happy it worked for you!! I had some bruises on my legs from a fall in the summer before I had to be in a wedding (short dress, of course!) and that's how i discovered it. I knew if it worked on me (i never knew bruises could get so black!) then it should work on anything. I hope it heals quickly for you!

Quoting Anonymous 8: I second Dermablend, it's incredible. It is used in movies to cover tattoos. They have both concealer and foundation so you can match them and use both. You can buy it online but if you need it asap both ULTA and Sephora carry it. The women who work there can help you pick your shade if you're not sure, and they have testers available.

Quoting Anonymous 6: Dermablend or Covermark. If you can't find either of those, ask for a waterproof concealer. I hope no one did this to you. Wishing you a quick recovery.
shell3m
by Shell on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:14 PM
I take meds for anxiety so yeah, I get it. Maybe now people will focus on something important instead of your face.....that's what my mind would be saying after I finally was able to cover up my eye..lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you!

I'm a bit of an introvert and the stares and well meaning comments were giving me anxiety. I was a bit upset yesterday. I think today will be much better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly!

Quoting shell3m: I take meds for anxiety so yeah, I get it. Maybe now people will focus on something important instead of your face.....that's what my mind would be saying after I finally was able to cover up my eye..lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:19 PM
If dermablend hadn't worked I would have tried that.

Quoting Anonymous 12:

https://www.smartcover.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)