Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tubal ligation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Is it true that there are certain criteria a woman has to meet to get one done? And if you did get it done, are you happy with your decision?

I'll be 25 in a few months, and my second son is due in July. I am absolutely positively finished having babies and would seriously love to have My tubes tied.

Of course I'll talk to my doc when I see her, but just curious to see what you all have to say.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:58 PM
I would guess that he would say you're too young, not for medical reasons but that you have so much time that you might change your mind.
I don't know if they can do that but for some reason I think I've heard of that before.
You'll just have to see what he says when you speaks with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:00 AM
Thanks. It's really strange, I can't find a straight answer anywhere so I'll guess just have to wait until I can go directly to the source.

Thanks again

Quoting momofthem311: I would guess that he would say you're too young, not for medical reasons but that you have so much time that you might change your mind.
I don't know if they can do that but for some reason I think I've heard of that before.
You'll just have to see what he says when you speaks with him.
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:01 AM
Your to young, imo. Things may have changed but I wasn't able to have one at 25. I had two more pregnancies so I'm grateful the doctor declined my request.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:01 AM
My insurance only covers it if you're over 25. The only criteria I had to meet was being over 25. I had mine done at the age if 35 after giving birth to my third child.
Dannygirl25
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:03 AM
For my dr to do it I either had to have two kids or be 25.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:05 AM
I hope mine is the same!

Quoting Dannygirl25: For my dr to do it I either had to have two kids or be 25.
Left.Right.Left
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:06 AM
I was 33 when I had mine done after my 2nd section in 11 months...the ob said my uterus wouldn't sustain another pregnancy....he was surprised I didn't have an abruption.

Even if it was safe I'd never want another baby. Ever.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:07 AM
I was going to, but Dh manned up and got a vasectomy after hearing the difference between a major surgery and a simple outpatient procedure. I was in my 30's though.
ShannonAKAmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:08 AM
I think it depends on your doctor and/or insurance. I had mine done after my 2nd child when I was 21. He told me he didn't really like the idea since I was so young but, I talked with him about it and why I wanted it and he agreed to do it.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 21, 2017 at 12:08 AM
Some doctors have criteria like that. I got mine tied when I was 22. Best thing ever!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)