Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tattoo question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My grandfather on my mom's side passed away when I was 13. My grandmother on my dad's side passed away almost a year ago.
I want to get tattoos of their first name and their dob and the date they passed.
I want it on my forearm. Would it look okay having both on the arm and next too or above and under one another?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:28 AM
I'm guessing you were super close to them? Sorry for your loss.

I don't do tatoos but here's a bump!
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't like dates and all that for tattoos. I'd find something that symbolizes them and go with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:31 AM
Yes. My grandfather was like a father too me. Super close. My grandmother and i were close as well.
Thank you.

Quoting KendallsMommee: I'm guessing you were super close to them? Sorry for your loss.

I don't do tatoos but here's a bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:32 AM
I can't really think of anything that would tattoo well that symbolizes them

Quoting Ted1242: I don't like dates and all that for tattoos. I'd find something that symbolizes them and go with that.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:34 AM
2 moms liked this
I got my grandpa's signature tattooed when he died. I love it so much

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can't really think of anything that would tattoo well that symbolizes them

Quoting Ted1242: I don't like dates and all that for tattoos. I'd find something that symbolizes them and go with that.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:34 AM

I think it will be fine b/c it is on your body and you get to decide what to tattoo where and how but having said that, be prepared to explain it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:35 AM
Do you have anything they signed or notes they wrote from cards? I have my dad's name in his handwriting ugh his DOB and DOD and I also have notes from my husband and sons tattooed on me (they are all still alive).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:36 AM
I love that idea. I'm pretty sure I don't have either of their handwriting though :/

Quoting supermama322: I got my grandpa's signature tattooed when he died. I love it so much

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can't really think of anything that would tattoo well that symbolizes them

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:36 AM
No :(

Quoting Anonymous 2: Do you have anything they signed or notes they wrote from cards? I have my dad's name in his handwriting ugh his DOB and DOD and I also have notes from my husband and sons tattooed on me (they are all still alive).
ninjakids
by Christina on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:36 AM
Face towards lower end of your arm. The placement of only you being able to read it makes it awkward.

Include a background image, personally I wish I did on my forearm word tattoo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)