Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He sucks bc his coaches won't work with him.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
My ds8 is in his first year of baseball and quite frankly, he stinks. But he tries and he wants to do better, he just isn't grasping the ins and outs of it. I've been taking him to practices and games and this past week dh just happened to get home early so he took him to practice. He came home and asked me if he was always ignored like that. I noticed this was an issue from the beginning but I never said anything bc I didn't wanna be that mom. This is a super small town so I don't want to make waves. My son doesn't really comprehend social ques well, we refer to it as "sheldonitis" so his feelings aren't really hurt or anything but hes not learning and he's not getting better because his coaches just push him to the back and ignore him.

Any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:43 AM
Is this a school team or city team?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:43 AM
Work with him at home. If it's like soccer the kids that are good at that age have been playing for a while and/or have parents who practice with them at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:45 AM
School team

Quoting Anonymous 2: Is this a school team or city team?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
You help him learn at home, he has practice and games so just give him one on one or hire someone to do it for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:47 AM
I do, but I suck too. Lol. I tried to throw the ball to him one time and broke the neighbors patio table.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Work with him at home. If it's like soccer the kids that are good at that age have been playing for a while and/or have parents who practice with them at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:48 AM
I've looked into that but the cheapest person I found was like 15 an hr. Yikes!

Quoting Anonymous 4: You help him learn at home, he has practice and games so just give him one on one or hire someone to do it for you.
justinnaimee
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:48 AM
My only advice is to work with him yourself. You could talk to the coach but it may not get the outcome you want
justinnaimee
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

These are a few things you could use to help him. And they're pretty inexpensive. The ball on the rope is for batting practice. Someone swings it around and the kid hits it. And the pitching net you throw at the net and it pops back at you. So throwing and catching practice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:57 AM
Awesome. Thank you. We may try this.

Quoting justinnaimee:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

These are a few things you could use to help him. And they're pretty inexpensive. The ball on the rope is for batting practice. Someone swings it around and the kid hits it. And the pitching net you throw at the net and it pops back at you. So throwing and catching practice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:58 AM
Then go to a park or buy him a t-ball stand.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I do, but I suck too. Lol. I tried to throw the ball to him one time and broke the neighbors patio table.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Work with him at home. If it's like soccer the kids that are good at that age have been playing for a while and/or have parents who practice with them at home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)