Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter baskets

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:44 AM
  • 22 Replies
Do you go all out for easter or keep it simple? I do one item I think each know kid would really like (small like $30 or less each) a book and candy. We also do something that everyone can use outside like pool toys, a teather ball, volley ball net etc. I haven't figured out this years family gift yet, I'm thinking maybe a paddle board but hubby says we don't have room to pack it when we go to the river.
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:48 AM

Mobile Photo

I'm making one of these. Except 2 of the sides will be movies. I don't go crazy for Easter. Some candy, movie and small things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:03 AM

We only buy big gifts for holidays so we kind of go big. This year they are getting bikes, a few outdoor toys, spring outfits and sandals. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:15 AM
I haven't even thought about Easter baskets.

We see the already made ones when we go to the store and there are a few she wants but I normally don't buy those and just make my own. But this year I haven't even bought anything to even do an Easter basket with.

I'm just thinking does she really need more candy and toys. She already has so many toys and she gets candy on the regular thanks to grandma.

I don't know maybe I just won't do an Easter basket this year. It's not like she even really knows about the Easter bunny either.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:18 PM
I just ordered everything on Amazon, because then I don't have to run around trying to find anything. My kids are kind of past toys really, my youngest will still play with her barbies or stuffed animals sometimes but she prefers craft stuff.
A bird feeder and animal behavior book for my oldest, a nice set of water colors and a book for my 16 year old, rubix cubes and a Harry Potter cook book for my son, doctor who jeweler and a sailor moon book for my 10 year old and a charm bracelet kit and dork diaries for my 9 year old. Then candy, hubby went over board at target he insists on grass in the baskets I hate grass!

I keep it simple though, they don't need expensive stuff and I put a lot of thought into what they get. Plus everyone likes getting new books! When they were younger they got sidewalk chalk and bubbles and stuff like that instead of candy.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I haven't even thought about Easter baskets.

We see the already made ones when we go to the store and there are a few she wants but I normally don't buy those and just make my own. But this year I haven't even bought anything to even do an Easter basket with.

I'm just thinking does she really need more candy and toys. She already has so many toys and she gets candy on the regular thanks to grandma.

I don't know maybe I just won't do an Easter basket this year. It's not like she even really knows about the Easter bunny either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:21 PM
For each child I did 3 smallish toys, a $25 Apple Store gift card, and a bit of candy. We will also hide 18 eggs around the house with $1-$5 in them.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:29 PM
That's cute! We reuse the same baskets every year my oldest has had hers since her first easter 18 years ago.

Quoting Seagodess:

Mobile Photo

I'm making one of these. Except 2 of the sides will be movies. I don't go crazy for Easter. Some candy, movie and small things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:30 PM
I do one average sized basket with little toys in it like a jumprope, sidewalk chalk, cutesy playing cards, bubbles, fun stuff like that and then each kid gets a little (and i mean little lol) box with candies in it. We make dirt cake cups, decorate sugar cookies and cupcakes, and have an Easter picnic. And of course we hunt easter eggs. We make an entire day of it with family activities, but we don't buy alot. For five kids it costs around 25 bucks. (I shop clearance a year in advance)
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:35 PM

I dunno, I didnt really get easter baskets as a kid, the most my mother did was put out some candy for us on the table, so I guess I go a little overboard when it comes to my kids. I like to theme their baskets, last year we went ot the beach for vacation so I beach themed each of their baskets (I have three kids) but this year I'm making them more personal. Dd is getting a unicorn basket and my twins are getting a wagon that I'm gonna fill with easter stuff so they're gonna share a basket this year, they're only 2 so this is the last year I think they're not gonna care about sharing a basket lol 

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:43 PM
I often used the same basket too. Some years I couldn't find it so I got one from the Dollar tree. I get plastic containers that can be used for other things later.

Quoting LCWAmommy: That's cute! We reuse the same baskets every year my oldest has had hers since her first easter 18 years ago.

Quoting Seagodess:

Mobile Photo

K3412
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:44 PM
Very small. We spend maybe $10 per kid. We see no reason to go big on Easter baskets.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)