Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spanking .... Not your usual post about it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

I often see or hear "Spanking is OK IF it's not done in anger " I was spanked as a child it was ONLY ever done out of anger. So I don't understand when you say we/I spank but not out of anger  . What makes you spank them ? Why do you choose to spank for 1 thing but not another ?   I think most of us punish our children when they act up, don't listen and break rules. When my kids do they that usually annoys me. It can piss me off, especially if I have told them to stop repeatedly.  Is this when you would spank your child ? Would it not be out of anger ?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Johnsmom5892
by Hope on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:39 AM
I don't spank. Here's a bump.
Kmary
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly.

We don't spank. Never have. But when I read that nonsense, I always smirk. OF COURSE it's done out of anger. How could any sane, rational, calm person be like, "Now honey, I'm not angry. But you misbehaved and mommy needs to spank you now. Kindly come here so I may administer your beating."

Hahahahahahahahahaha spanking is so stupid and ineffective.
Laugh_Love
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:13 AM
We don't spank. Not sure. Sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:18 AM

Spanking is never OK. But if done in anger it is dangerous-an Angry Adult can easily cause serious physical harm to a child-and not even intend to do so-hell grabbing a kid in anger by the arm to swing them around to spank can cause damage to the arm (including fractures, dislocations and breaks)

Spanking bad-spanking done in anger dangerous.

januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:18 AM
I don't spank but my mom did. I can honestly say it wasn't out of anger. She'd send me to my room to wait for her. Then she'd come in, sit down and explain why I was getting a spanking, spank me, and then sit down with me right after, make sure,again, that I understood why, and then tell me she loved me. In my entire life, she's always been calm and I've never once even heard her raise her voice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:19 AM
We don't spank due to ds not feeling pain. But to me things that warrent a spanking are things where the chid is endanger. Like running in a parking lot or into a street.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:24 AM
If i spanked it was because i was angry. I spanked ds once because he called my bff a liar and was very disrespectful to her for example. No thought behind it when i did it. It's because i feel angry that i have always tried not to spank. And also because ds said once he'd rather have a spanking over a lecture. So i personally think spankings are ineffective. What others want to do is their business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I think what they mean is they don't do it when they are so angry, they lose control and it becomes more of a beating where they actually hurt the child. Spanking should only be done when you are calm and in control.
.gravy.
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:34 AM
My kids doing stuff didn't really piss me off because they're kids and I don't have high expectations for toddlers and pre-school aged children. They're still learning.

Id spank when I needed to get the point across that something wasn't alllwed, usually because it was dangerous and redirection didn't work and my kid didn't have the cognitive skills to understand it was dangerous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous 4: I think what they mean is they don't do it when they are so angry, they lose control and it becomes more of a beating where they actually hurt the child. Spanking should only be done when you are calm and in control.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)