Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My MIL and FIL just dropped by....Tears were shed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
Mil and fil dropped by the other day, unannounced, and dropped a bombshell that left mama and I both in tears.
A couple of years ago mama fell off a bike and broke her hip. Well she has been having some issues with it and so she saw her doctor. Also she has been having shoulder pain.
He said she has bone spurs in her shoulder and is in need of a total hip replacement.
Because of this she has to retire from the post office where she was just hired as a full time rural carrier.
She broke down and cried and I stayed strong offered advice and hugs.
After she left I cried. I and my dh are worried about them. Their insurance is through mama. And FIL was diagnosed with colon cancer. He's free of cancer now thank the gods.
How are they going to pay their bills? Keep food on the table? Dh and I plan on helping them if and when they need it but it's so scary. They just took out a 10,000 dollar loan a few months ago too.
Im so worried for them. I just hope and pray that it will all work out.
I also feel lucky that DH and I are not going to end up being 60 something and be in the position that mama and papa are
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmfarm
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:03 AM

Why didn't they save for retirement?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:07 AM
They never had money to sace I guess. It's sad. Their daughter is constantly getting money from them. They have always fought to keep their heads above the water

Quoting cmfarm:

Why didn't they save for retirement?

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:07 AM
Hugs. I'm sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:07 AM
Thanks

Quoting jkleinman: Hugs. I'm sorry.
krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

You dh needs to help them say no to their daughter. I'm guessing she is an adult, she is only draining them more than everything else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:16 AM
She is 37 single no kids..... somehow she always ends up moving back in with her parents.
DH and her got into it over her being nasty towards me and her using her parents the way she does and now they dont speak to one another.
I wish she would just move away but she won't

Quoting krisnkids:

You dh needs to help them say no to their daughter. I'm guessing she is an adult, she is only draining them more than everything else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:21 AM
She sounds exactly like my sister who is a hot, psychotic mess. She tried to kill my Mom 4 years ago who was suffering(and still is)from Cancer. She went to jail, an RO was set, and for about a year all we knew was she had gone from one friend's house, to a church, to another friend's house because no one shelter. Dad felt sorry for her and now she is back with them. No one likes her. She is a nasty, mean person.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She is 37 single no kids..... somehow she always ends up moving back in with her parents.
DH and her got into it over her being nasty towards me and her using her parents the way she does and now they dont speak to one another.

Quoting krisnkids:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
That's sad. What about disability? I know that it takes a while, but she should begin the process.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:24 AM
your sister and my sil should move in together. Maybe they will kill each other lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: She sounds exactly like my sister who is a hot, psychotic mess. She tried to kill my Mom 4 years ago who was suffering(and still is)from Cancer. She went to jail, an RO was set, and for about a year all we knew was she had gone from one friend's house, to a church, to another friend's house because no one shelter. Dad felt sorry for her and now she is back with them. No one likes her. She is a nasty, mean person.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She is 37 single no kids..... somehow she always ends up moving back in with her parents.

Quoting krisnkids:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:25 AM
She spent all day on the phone with them. But it's still not going to be enough for all their bills.
It is really sad

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's sad. What about disability? I know that it takes a while, but she should begin the process.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)