Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone love cemeteries as much as I do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

Maybe I'm a little odd but I love visiting old cemeteries.

I find it peaceful and calming and I love browsing through the old headstones. The older the better.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:32 AM
I find the history intriguing, for sure. Love is a strong word. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:33 AM
No, and I think it's somewhat disrespectful to visit one as a tourist.
lalabobo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:33 AM

I have always enjoyed walking around in cemeteries, myself.  I lived across the street from one as a child and would often walk around & read the headstones. I walk my dog in our town cemetery which is quite peaceful and well maintained.  A cemetery which might interest you is Mount Auburn in Boston, it's beautifully landscaped, park-like in how it's been designed. 

AllieReed
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:35 AM
I find it interesting.
romalove
by SakePrincess on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:36 AM

Oh yes.

Old, old, old cemetaries are full of history.  The headstones are so much more interesting than modern ones, as they not only tell the name of the person and birth and death dates but often something about the person. 

But I love anything really old, old architecture, etc.  I'm that person who will point out the most haunted looking houses and yell "Buy me that one".

2m2t
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:36 AM
I go to parks for peace and quiet. We get so much time to rest in cemetery that i had never crossed my mind to spend my time like that.

I hate cemeteries.
danandsamsmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:37 AM

I live in New Orleans and our cemeteries are beautiful.

teenxmommie2011
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:38 AM
✋✋✋✋✋✋✋
balagan_imma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:39 AM
I really enjoy old cemeteries. I grew up in a town where there were family plots next to houses as well as a few larger town cemeteries. We would often clean them up on the town beautification days when I was a Girl Scout. I still like visiting older cemeteries whenever I go back East.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:40 AM
Np , not really. I refer not to dwell on death. It's not comforting at all to picture all of those people who died. And depressing to imagine the sorrow their loved ones feel when they visit their headstone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)