Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOW..

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:51 AM
  • 6 Replies

WOWv..  i haven't been on here in a while & when i am i never put anything out there but, today i decided i would- in hopes that it might help someone else going through this very same thing- i recently moved to Fort Lauderdale, FL. from Raleigh,NC to be with my daughter & granddaughter b/c i was going through a really hard time- my two biggest issues were after being married for 22 Years; my husband was sentenced to 7 Years in Federal Prison- and my second issue was i have been addicted to Oxycodine for a while.. i stayed in Raleigh for 15 months trying to get off of it; going to a Methadone clinic everyday for- i  almost a year- that didn't work- i never had one clean drug screen.. i went to a Suboxone Dr. as soon as i got to Florida but, being on Suboxone is really no different than being on Oxy's- except, it is So much harder to get off of- After hitting rock bottom- i decided the only way to beat this thing was to go to a Detox & a Addiction Treatment Center- it was the hardest 37 days of my life but, i made it & i am back with my DD & GD.. i have a long way to go but, i am Clean, Healthy & finally, Happy.. i am one of the really lucky ones, for not moving on to Herion- especially, when i was in withdraws- most of the people in the treatment center were not as lucky- they did move on to it.. Herion is no joke.. it is killing people every hour on the hour- a guy that had just completed his 30 days went home on a Friday & was Dead on Monday morning of a oerdose.. it is unbelievable how bad that stuff is out there right now; in every city & state- it is really hard to admit you have a problem & ask for help- i waited a long time to do either one- mostly, because i didn't want to bother anyone with my problems.. if you are going through this Please Bother Someone.. there are so many great people out there that really want to help- it could Save your Life..  

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:53 AM

You have been through it, it sounds like.  We have a friend who is hooked on heroin.  It's rough. He gets clean then goes back.  I hope you can stay strong and healthy. good luck! You're amazing 

Laugh_Love
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:01 AM
That's great! Glad you're doing good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:04 AM
Good for you, I hope God gives you the strength to stay clean. Hugs and well wishes!
redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:06 AM
Good for you! Enjoy your life and continued sobriety ☺
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:07 AM

Congrats on your sobriety! 

.MiaBella.
by Mia on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:32 AM

Congratulations and best wishes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)