Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YES she is MY child- My "only on cafemom" experience

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:25 AM
  • 12 Replies
The other day someone posted about their son and bf in a public restroom and him being questioned because they didn't look related. We are on vacation and spent Saturday night in a hotel off I-95 in Savannah. My youngest ad, who happens to be AA, and I rode up in the elevator from breakfast with an AA man and his two kids. They get off on the 3rd, we rode up to the 4th, went to the room, got the ice bucket and went down the hall to get ice. While there, this same guy (who we also saw the night before while All of us, including my white kids were playing in the pool) gets off the elevator, aproaches me and AD, age 8, and asks me what I am doing with her, why is she with me. Says he is with NCIS and they are just seeing so much of, you know, trafficing lately... I was stunned speechless- usually I am quicker on my feet but it had been a rough night.

What the ever loving WHAT? He obviously came up looking for me, as he got right back on the elevator after my daughter told him I adopted her. Had he planned to go door to door knocking until he found us? Why the assumption that this black child with a white adult must have been stolen? I'll give you this, I look like a man, (with big man-boobs lol), but still...we were in a nice mid range hotel... and she was obviously not distressed... and she was obviously well cared for. I was so mad... my wife was even more so, wanted to tear him up for frightening our child and questioning the validity of our family. Meanwhile, when he saw me checking out with ALL three of my abused and exploited children he said nothing and hurried away.
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:27 AM
....so....much.....gross.....
Wtshubbypst
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:31 AM
Well it's Savannah so...that area is pretty damn racist in general.
STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:07 PM
This was a black man questioning why a white person had a black child. I was like WHAT? She was obviously not in any kind of distress!

Quoting Wtshubbypst: Well it's Savannah so...that area is pretty damn racist in general.
KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:11 PM

Nice generalization.

I am shocked OP was questioned but some people are just jerks.    I will say Atlanta is a major US hub for child and sex trafficking.  Maybe this man has just been watching NCIS too much.

Quoting Wtshubbypst: Well it's Savannah so...that area is pretty damn racist in general.

nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:18 PM
What a dick.
STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:32 PM
This was a black man questioning why a white person had a black child. I was like WHAT? She was obviously not in any kind of distress!

Why-meee
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:34 PM
That's really weird.

This isn't "racist" or "rude" just a fact ... there are SOOOOO many AA kids in foster care. Literally anyone could adopt one. It's not that weird.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:35 PM
I've never had that happen to me. I'm very grateful for that, because I think I would have a hard time being civil in that situation.
chinosruca
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:40 PM
People are weird. I had a lady call the police on my husband for kidnapping our daughter. She looks absolutely NOTHING like him. She's white and he's a very dark skinned Asian. My daughter was screaming while I was inside T-Mobile so he took her out to the car....where she continued to scream bloody murder (she was about 6 months old). The lady in the car saw him and her together and she just called the police. I came out to my car surrounded by cops. Of course it was cleared up very quickly. But, it wasn't a pleasant experience.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:40 PM
And they like northerners even less than minorities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)