Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training??? help?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

ok so i have an almost 3 year old(she'll be 3 in july) and a 20 month old.both girls. what is the best way to potty train? any tips??? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:23 AM
Do the 3 day no pants dance.
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:25 AM

My son was 3 but I just explained it to him and didn't push it. One day he got out the potty, said he was a big boy, started using it and never looked back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:26 AM

what's that?? i have no idea how to potty train at all and no one i can ask around me. they both show signs of readiness from what i've read, the younger one will take her diaper off if its wet or poopy and the older one tells me after she poops. so i think they're ready but idk how to go about doing this. 

Quoting SommelierMom: Do the 3 day no pants dance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:27 AM

I waited until he was 3 and it took one weekend.  We did the no pants thing and he learned pretty quick!

kehines
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Whatever you do....DON'T push. It makes it more stressful on both of you. My daughter was 3 1/2 son was little sooner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't take training that seriously. I'm certainly not stopping my life over it.

We do a very casual approach and it's worked for the older 2. Youngest is in the process.

We just put them in underwear or naked around the house and take them frequently. Tons of praise when they go and treats. If they resist, I back off. Never force. If you have to force, they aren't ready.

Both trained in just a couple weeks. No tears for anyone
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:31 AM

Were potty training my 14 month old right now.

We slightly upped her fluid intake so she has to pee a little more often, and we have a potty book that we have been reading every day since she turned 1. Now that she can tell us when she has peed in her pullup or went poo, we are starting to put her on her seat. I put her on first thing in the morning and again about 15 minutes after her glass of water with breakfast, and then every hour after that. I know when she poops (sametime) every day, so we put her on around that time. She is doing great so far, her pullup can stay dry for hours.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:31 AM

I always waited till they would wake up dry at night and/or nap time. They could tell me when they went in their diaper or before they even did. We let them use the potty when ever they wanted to.We talked about where we peed and pooped. When they start to hide when they have to poop and/or pee. Is a good sign too.

When we felt they were ready we tried. No more diapers but at night time. For my first two it didn't work the first time. We then waited a couple of months and then it worked the next time.

My oldest was day and night in three days. My second it took two weeks for day and then another 6 months for night time. My third first time we tried for day it worked right away. Night took a few more months. My older two were around 3 years 4-6 months and my third was a month from turning three.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:32 AM
Buy a portable potty and strip them down for a few days. If they fight it stop for awhile before starting again. Kids will generally pick it up quickly when they are actually ready. All kids eventually potty train there's absolutely no reason to force.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)