Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gordon Ramsay won't leave his money to his kids

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:37 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

Gordon Ramsay won't leave his money to his kids

8 / 22
BANG Showbiz

Gordon Ramsay© Bang Showbiz Gordon Ramsay

Gordon Ramsay won't leave his fortune to his children.

The 50-year-old TV chef has four children - Matilda, 15, Jack and Holly, 17, and Megan, 18 - with his wife Tana, but Gordon has revealed he will not leave his vast personal fortune to them in his will because it would risk spoiling them.

He shared: "It's definitely not going to them, and that's not in a mean way; it's to not spoil them. The only thing I've agreed with Tana is they get a 25 per cent deposit on a flat, but not the whole flat."

He continued, "I've been super lucky, having that career for the last 15 years in the US. Seriously, it has earned a fortune and I've been very lucky, so I respect everything I've got."

Gordon has raised his children to earn their own money and to also lend their support to charities.

He told the Daily Telegraph newspaper: "Tana came from a super set-up, and I'm just 'educated rough' from a council estate. So we meet in the middle and the kids bounce off both of us. They have a completely different life than I did growing up. I worked my a*** off to get out of the s*** mess that I grew up in and they're grateful, they're not spoilt."

Says Ramsay, "Meg's at uni and has a budget of $125 a week; the others get about $60 a week and they have to pay for their own phones, their bus fare. The earlier you give them that responsibility to save for their own trainers and jeans, the better."

Meanwhile, Gordon also revealed he hasn't pressurised any of his children into pursuing a career as a chef.

He said: "They all cook as a life skill as opposed to a career. I never want to put that onus on them. I don't want them with a badge, going into a kitchen [with people] thinking that's Ramsay's daughter or that's Ramsay's son."

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:43 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree with him, Steve Harvey has made similar comments. They're entitled to nothing because their parents worked their asses off and are rich. I like that they've instilled work ethic into their kids instead of giving and giving when nothing was earned.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:43 AM
Damn, then again he's trying to teach them to be thankful not bratty thinking that the world owes them and that's good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:45 AM

I agree.

His success is not his children's, they are not entitled to anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:46 AM
There's several rich people that think like this. I believe bill gates and warren buffet are another two.

There's nothing wrong with what they are doing and I think it actually helps their kids out in the long run. I've seen what a ton of money at a young age does. My cousin was given millions of dollars at 14 when our grandmother died and he's now 40 broke as shit and can't hold a job
MommyOfOne2710
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Love Gordon Ramsay. I think he's great.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:48 AM
Good for him.
goldpandora
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:49 AM

Sting said something similar recently. 

I agree with working for what you have and being able to really appreciate it. I also consider cooking to be a life skill ... one that is too seldom taught.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with him.  

I can't remember which billionaire said, the goal was to give his children enough so they could do anything, but not so much they could do nothing. 

SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:53 AM
I see nothing wrong with it. They aren't entitled to his money. Like George Lucas said in an interview about that, "I'm rich, you're not". Lol
They can and should earn their own wealth.
Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:53 AM
I think it's great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)