Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old is too old for a pacifier?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 144 Replies

Last night I was working at my one night a week job and had a mother in line with her son who looked to be abou 5 or 6 years old. The boy started to get a bit whiny about waiting in line so the mom grabbed a pacifier out of her purse, popped it in his mouth and went back to standing in line. That I have a big problem with.

She pretty much used it to shut her kid up for her own comfort.   

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

In my house they are only used as newborns. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:17 PM

3 months 

krislovejmt
by Pirate Wench on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:18 PM

That's pretty old. My son wanted nothing to do with pacifiers. We took my daughter's away when her first tooth started coming in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Element5
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh My God! I see that so often! A child that can speak and understand walking around with that thing in their mouth!

My brother in law is a dentist. He hates those things anythings past 14 months. But the earlier that thing is gotten rid of the better.

By boys had them but not past a year.. my (3rd child) daughter hated that thing from birth. ( my 2nd son .. I went through hell trying to get rid of it.. maybe had something to do with him being a premie.)
ElephantShoez
by GoGoWaffleMaker on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
DD had hers from 3 months until she was 9 months. DS is 2 months old and hates them so woo, lol.

I too, find it overboard when you see a 4-5 year old with a binky in their mouth. It's so awful for their teeth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:23 PM
6 moms liked this

not your circus, not your monkey

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:24 PM
Some kids look a lot older than they are. I wouldn't let my 5/6 year old use a nuk but idc what other ppl do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:27 PM
My oldest was almost 4. He only used it when he slept. Once he had tubes put in his ears he stopped using it within days. My 2yo never took one but did chew on them when teething.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:27 PM
2 moms liked this

All 4 of mine were off the paci when they turned 1.  They were off bottles at that time too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)