Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got my partner expelled

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My lab partner and I have been working on a project since the beginning of the semester. We have to do it together and it has to cover parts of every lab we have done so far. We split it up 50/50. We have been working pretty well together and I thought things were going amazingly well until she sent me another part of her project. I recognized what I was reading because I had been researching that topic to study for the exam.

It was copied word for word from the website. I went back and looked at all her work and a lot of it was. 

She has plagiarized almost all of it. We are allowed one direct quote on the project (which we used already) and everything else has to be our own work or at least properly cited. She has broken all the rules. 

I talked to her about it. I told her I knew she had copied it. She said it wasnt a big deal, that the teacher wont notice so just get over it. I told her she needed to redo her parts before we have to turn in the rough draft. She didnt. 

I set up a meeting with the teacher before we had to turn the RD in. I told her what happened and that I didnt want to get in trouble for what my partner was doing. She talked to my partner and I am not sure exactly what happened but she wasnt in class. 

I got a nasty text message from her this morning. She said she has been expelled and it was my fault. She said I better watch my back. I told her all I did was sit down and tell the teacher the truth. 

The only reason she would have been expelled is if this wasnt her first time so clearly she has done this before. I dont feel bad at all. She should have done the work. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Diiwica
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't let it get to you. If anything turn over the text and keep copies just incase something happens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:57 PM
You shouldn't feel bad. You warned her and she chose not to fix it. If that paper were turned in you would've been in just as much trouble possibly.
krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:58 PM

You did the right thing, sounds like your professor did as well.

You may want to speak to your college's title IX (nine) coordinator about her threats, just to be safe. If they do an investigation, they will turn things over to the police if necessary.

OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:01 PM
3 moms liked this

I would text her back and say that since you now have how her threatening you in writing, that if anything bad does happen to you, the authorities will know who to go to first. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM
I hate group projects.
KoiKamsahamnida
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:42 PM

Yeah, I don't feel bad for those that are expelled for crap like that. Sorry, not sorry! But I'd be careful... maybe carry pepper spray just in case she does some shit and follows you to your car or some shit.... do you think she would do that?

nickysmom71
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:43 PM

Fuck her, I'd have called her out on it from the get. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)