Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blowing your nose in public - acceptable or no?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I feel the need to do so this time of year and I know that some people (my sister) find it revolting but is it acceptable?                 
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K3412
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:02 PM

You can be discrete about it and take care of it as needed, but I wouldn't want to do a full-on honking and sniffling and wiping in public. Escaping public every time you need to blow your nose just isn't really practical, IMO. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:02 PM
I hate it lol. But I understand it's necessary. I just don't think it is necessary to do the big dramatic blowing lol. Do it quietly!
poietes
by Laura on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

well it's better than constant sniffling and/or having snot running down your face. You gotta do what you gotta do. There are ways to be discrete. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM
As apposed to letting snot run down your nose?

I'm pretty sure that would be much worse lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM
I guess if they think snot freely dripping from my nostrils is more acceptable...
andreamarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:04 PM
Would you rather they sneeze all over you ?
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:07 PM
The word is "discreet". And good lord, stop overthinking everything. It's a perfectly natural human condition to need to blow every now and again.
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:10 PM
Do what ya gotta do. I know I would rather see someone blow their nose than snot run down their face,
Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I blow my nose when I need to, regardless of where I am.  I'll step away from the group or something like that if necessary but I'm not going to avoid blowing my nose completely in public.

Honestly, I would much rather hear and see someone blow their nose once than listen to them constanly sniffle over and over.  I'd even rather have a big full dramatic blow right in my face than the sniffling.  Constant sniffling is extremely irritating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:11 PM

It's better if you go to a restroom. DEFINITELY not acceptable in a dining area of any kind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)