Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have direct tv AND comcast/xfintiy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
We aren't interested in cutting the cord so if that's your advice please don't bother.

We are trying to cut our expenses, we pay 270 right now to comcast for cable and internet and direct tv is much much cheaper. The problem is the internet we would be able to use with them stinks.

So we want to use direct tv for our cable and Comcast for our internet.

Anyone do that? Is it possible?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsjules79
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Comcast for internet and cable. The bill is around $140/month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:36 PM
Ok.....

Quoting mrsjules79: Comcast for internet and cable. The bill is around $140/month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:38 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. We had Comcast for internet and Dish Network for tv for awhile. You don't get the benefit of bundling them together, but if it's cheaper overall, then that doesn't matter.

Also, if you tell comcast you're thinking of leaving, they might consider giving you a better deal. It wouldn't hurt to ask.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:39 PM

Yep
We have comcast for internet/phone and DirecTV for television

having both is STILL cheaper than when we had comcast for everything

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:39 PM

We have Comcast for internet-however we have Netflix/Hulu. Where I live-we can't get DirectTv/Verizon.

I'm sure it is possible though.

just call customer service and ask them

EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:39 PM

Why do you say ATT internet is so bad?  Why do you think that?  I'm planning to go with ATT & DirecTV for $89 a month which is less than half what I pay for Xfinity Cable basic and internet plus DirecTV now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:41 PM

We're doing that.  Our internet was painfully slow, so my husband got the cable up to the one building on our property, and we're still using DirecTV at the house for television.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:42 PM
In our area the internet provider for direct tv is frontier and googling them brings up pretty bad reviews.

They contract out to several different internet providers and unfortunately in our area it's just frontier. Your area may be different, call them and ask who's going to be providing your internet....it will be bundled and you only pay one bill but it may be contracted out to another company.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

Why do you say ATT internet is so bad?  Why do you think that?  I'm planning to go with ATT & DirecTV for $89 a month which is less than half what I pay for Xfinity Cable basic and internet plus DirecTV now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:43 PM
There are no extra wiring needed? Or any other prep work?

If I call direct tv out and they set everything up and get Comcast's self install kit will I be able to do it on my own ?

Quoting Anonymous 4:

We're doing that.  Our internet was painfully slow, so my husband got the cable up to the one building on our property, and we're still using DirecTV at the house for television.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:44 PM
Did you have to do anything special to have both? Like rewire anything?

Can I call direct tv out to install the dish and then install comcast myself with their self install kit?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

YepWe have comcast for internet/phone and DirecTV for televisionhaving both is STILL cheaper than when we had comcast for everything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)