Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you wear Spanx?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Mobile Photo

Are Spanx worth the buy?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:42 PM

Nope.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:42 PM
No, I go to the gym.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:42 PM
I don't, but in high school we had to wear colored spanx as part of our dance uniforms. We had girls of all shapes and sizes, and for the most part they did enough to smooth out certain parts of the torso. I don't think they're necessary for anyone honestly.
K3412
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:43 PM
Only for some special occasions to look nicer in a tight fitting dress. I think they are off brand, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:45 PM
The woman in the chart doesn't need spanx. I think they are ridiculous, but I don't feel I need them either. I couldn't wear them because I can't wear anything restrictive.
Famousglm714
by Gina on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:45 PM
I have once. I tried on my bridesmaid's dress for my brother's wedding the night before and could hardly get my fatass in. I had to run to Target. They really work! I thought I was going to have to use Crisco. 😂
Littlebunnyfufu
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:49 PM
I had some, and honestly it's like extra tight pantyhose.

If you are wearing certain fabrics they can be useful to smooth out your outline (I lost the pregnancy weight but you can't workout skin into its previously tighter self kwim?) but IME it's not going to fix everything and it's terribly uncomfortable
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:49 PM

I don't have brand name spanx, but I've always worn the girl short style of shapewear. They make a huge difference for me and my thighs don't start any forest fires. 

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:49 PM
No but I think I may need some soon
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:53 PM
However, before I started going to the gym like 3 or 4 years ago I did wear some. They were pretty amazing. I think they were the 5th one, high-waisted mid thigh. Once you get them on you don't want to take them off but definitely make you look slimmer and better in your clothes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)