Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Business owners

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 2:02 PM
  • 17 Replies
What do you do to promote your business. Besides "authentic" ways.
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 2:12 PM
Facebook
Instagram
Set up booths at local festivals
Word of mouth (do a good job and word will get out)
Sponsor a local community sports team (put logo on their shirts)

We've done everything over the years.
Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 2:46 PM
Im doing Facebook and instagram. I'm also leaving my business cards in bridal shops, dance schools, and wedding venues along with giving them to wedding planners. I'm just waiting for my bridal cards to do the wedding stuff. I already did the dance schools with my fashion cards. I have my first event Thursday. Hoping my signage comes tomorrow. I also work with photographers but I'm done doing free Shoots, that's why I am going into weddings, proms and competitions.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Facebook
Instagram
Set up booths at local festivals
Word of mouth (do a good job and word will get out)
Sponsor a local community sports team (put logo on their shirts)

We've done everything over the years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 2:48 PM

I don't all of mine is done by word of mouth and I have been in business for 18yrs. 

Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:05 PM
What do you do?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I don't all of mine is done by word of mouth and I have been in business for 18yrs. 

lapcounter
by Race Mom on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:13 PM
We have been in business awhile so it's a lot of word of mouth. Facebook, vendor fairs, and radio.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:16 PM

Own a daycare

Quoting Mama2ETA: What do you do?
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:19 PM
Facebook, IG, Twitter, hosting events, on location air shifts, t-shirts, bumper stickers, word of mouth, business cards. We do new stuff all the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:21 PM

I've just gotten business from referrals but I also don't need any more business. You're doing Facebook and the other networking things. Try to get in with fundraisers by donating something. You can get a lot of business by doing a few free things to get your product out there.

Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:30 PM
All I can donate is my time and services. Maybe I'll do a competition Makeup for nationals. That would be good! Dance has got to be stage Makeup which is super easy on kids!

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I've just gotten business from referrals but I also don't need any more business. You're doing Facebook and the other networking things. Try to get in with fundraisers by donating something. You can get a lot of business by doing a few free things to get your product out there.

blessed107
by Diamond Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been involved with a business my husband had established before I met him. Lawn care, but we have clients that have been faithful for over 20 years, any new business is strictly because of word of mouth. We have long time tenants in our rental properties so there's no need for advertising that part of business in over 10 years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)