Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you judge women who have lost custody their child/children?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
Do you know someone who lost custody of their child?

The only time "blame" shouldnt be given is if the father happens to have a better lifestyle & school system for the child, there's nothing wrong with a child living with their father and it doesnt mean the mother is a bad mother. But if the Judge gives the child to Grandma Sally, Cousin JoJo or Aunt Pat---then clearly the mother failed. 9 times out of 10 it's a situation of the "Party Girl Mom", the moms who constantly leave their kid & neglect them because they're partying/hanging with friend & boyfriends. OR its a mom who brings multiple men & unsafe friends into their home around their child 24/7. These "friends" smoke weed & party around the child and often put the child at risk for molestation---and for some reason, no matter HOW many times relatives warn the mother, she refuses to stop because partying & friends mean more than being a mother

Or the only other exception is if the mother has some documented mental illness or physical illness (cancer, lupus, etc), OR if the mother is facing homelessness due to job loss or unforseen fiancial circumstances that causes homelessness .
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:27 PM

BUMP!

TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:28 PM
My mom lost custody of me and my siblings. She was entirely to blame
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:29 PM
Yes, lost or gave up custody.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:29 PM

I would judge someone who can't care for her children, but if the kids live with Dad sometimes and visit Mom on weekends, to me it isn't any different than the mother being primary custodial.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do. If you dont have the best lifestyle for your child you are already a pos parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:30 PM
Depends on why they lost custody? Drugs? Alcohol? Abuse? Neglect? Yes, I judge those kinds of things. Otherwise, no. I know several men who have primary custody and it is a good situation. I don't judge the moms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:31 PM
Yes
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

No. 

I know enough about the family court system to know that often the parent with the most economic resources will win. 

I don't buy the " she must have been really bad as a mom for the court to rule against her" crap. It is simply not true in every case, or even in most cases. 

jbirdsladie15
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:33 PM

This in a nutshell

Quoting Anonymous 5: Depends on why they lost custody? Drugs? Alcohol? Abuse? Neglect? Yes, I judge those kinds of things. Otherwise, no. I know several men who have primary custody and it is a good situation. I don't judge the moms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:34 PM
I do judge. I know I shouldn't but I do. And yes I know someone who lost custody. My cousin and his girlfriend lost custody of their 4 girls to cps because they are heroin addicts and didn't take care of them. Luckily the girls got placed in my aunts custody instead of staying in the system since it's been a couple years now and neither can pass the drug tests or stay out of jail.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)