Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is his special need more important than all of ours?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Had to attend a training today at our local hospital on a specific surgery.  Class was full.  Instructor starting speaking and the woman one table over started translating what the instructor was saying to the one person in the room who didn't speak or understand English, which made it difficult for many of us to hear the list of instructions. I expected the instructor to say something but she said nothing to the loud woman.   

I just don't understand why his need to have an interpreter was more important then our hearing the instructions.

what say you?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:50 PM
It isn't.

She shouldn't have talked so loudly. Or she shoukd I written it down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:52 PM
Court interpreters manage to do it worhout disrupting the proceeding. Your hospital was in the wrong for not handling it appropriately.
Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have said something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:11 PM
You are in our country, learn our language. People shouldn't be granted citizenship if they don't have a working knowledge of our language speaking as a woman who married an immigrant. The driving test should ONLY be given in English.
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:18 PM

I would have raised my hand and said I can't hear what the speaker is saying. That's just me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)