Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bra advice

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:58 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have a 9 year old daughter. Over the last year she has gained some weight. Well, her chest is starting to poke out a bit. I am pretty sure it's because of her weight not because of puberty. But I would like some more opinions. Should I buy her a bra? Or should I hold off? What would you do?
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this

If you feel she needs it. Get her some sports bra's or training bra's.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:00 PM
I did for my nine year old. Sometimes she wears one, sometimes she doesn't. It's her call.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Try some camis with a built-in shelf bra. Or Justice sells some cotton sports bra things that provide a little extra coverage without going straight to a regular bra.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:02 PM
So does Target. That's where I got a few for my dd.

Quoting caustinb: Try some camis with a built-in shelf bra. Or Justice sells some cotton sports bra things that provide a little extra coverage without going straight to a regular bra.
awbredux
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:06 PM

I had my girls wearing undershirts or camis all the time before they were 9.  They both started wearing bras at about 11 1/2.   Sports bras are a good start when they feel they need more than an undershirt (i.e., my younger), or it looks to you like they do (i.e., my older).     

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:07 PM
Sports bras. My his have worn them since they were 9. But they all have big pokey nipples (umm..Lol?)
shortcakes13
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:56 PM
That's where she is at. Lol. I didn't know of it was something i should worry about yet or not. Thanks!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sports bras. My his have worn them since they were 9. But they all have big pokey nipples (umm..Lol?)
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:56 PM
Just get her a sports bra.
shortcakes13
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice! Its really appreciated. Sports bras here we come!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)