Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're on foodstamps and my husband has a motorcycle.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
We just recently moved, unplanned, because my husband got a better job opportunity. We also have a special needs child and two other children at home. I don't work, primarily because I spend most of my time bussing my special needs daughter back and forth to doctors and therapists. And I'm finishing my oldest child's year of school homeschooling. We live an hour away from my husbands job because housing where he works is ridiculously expensive. In September he will start school for his new job and his GI benefits will kick in. So we won't need the assistance after that. The motorcycle is my husbands work vehicle, we couldn't afford a second car, and the gas it comes along with. So we're on food stamps and we have a motorcycle. Because sometimes life is hard and you feel like your failing but you suck it up and do what you have to do. (Btw we just got food stamps this month and will be getting rid of it as soon as my husbands GI benefits kick in, for those of you wondering the GI money is his money he earned and had put back when he was in the military, not assistance)
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see how the two have anything to do with each other.
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:11 PM

Um don't see the big deal

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:12 PM
Ok?
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:12 PM
What does that matter?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM
Apparently to some motorcycles are considered a luxury. And should be given up before applying for assistance.

Quoting Seagodess: I don't see how the two have anything to do with each other.
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM

Okay. Everyone has to do what they feel is best for their family, no matter what random women on this site say about it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM
A motorcycle is cheaper to maintain than a car.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:14 PM
Congrats?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:14 PM
Apparently to some people my husband should have sold his motorcycle before we applied to assistance. Because it's not a necessity

Quoting Ted1242: What does that matter?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:15 PM
Which is exactly why we have it. It's been a lifesaver since the move. I couldn't imagine him having to take my car or pay more for a car that would not be reliable.

Quoting Anonymous 2: A motorcycle is cheaper to maintain than a car.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)