Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone an insurance agent?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
A girlfriend and I were interested in going into the field of insurance agent ... if your in the field could you tell me about it?

If you do personal or commercial

Days/hours

Commission or salary?

Do you love it?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:33 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:39 PM

I am an insurance agent. I do personal lines. (auto, home, life, flood, plp, ect)

I work Sunday through thursday. Depending on the month, I can make anywhere from $38k to $47K in a year and I'm not full time so there is definitely room to make money in the field.

I do love it! I'm never going to be an aggressive salesman. I don't want to pressure anyone into buying a policy. But I will educate them on insurance and explain the benefits of the insurance products across many different providers and customize what I would think would fit best for their assets. I've made some really great connections and I can't say there is a day that I'm "dreading" work.

But I've also seen a lot of people get into the field and think it's easy money, and drop like flies. You've got to know your products, you have to have really good report, and you have to be willing to answer that 4pm email about someone's coverages on their auto policy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:52 PM
What kind of hours do you work

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I am an insurance agent. I do personal lines. (auto, home, life, flood, plp, ect)

I work Sunday through thursday. Depending on the month, I can make anywhere from $38k to $47K in a year and I'm not full time so there is definitely room to make money in the field.

I do love it! I'm never going to be an aggressive salesman. I don't want to pressure anyone into buying a policy. But I will educate them on insurance and explain the benefits of the insurance products across many different providers and customize what I would think would fit best for their assets. I've made some really great connections and I can't say there is a day that I'm "dreading" work.

But I've also seen a lot of people get into the field and think it's easy money, and drop like flies. You've got to know your products, you have to have really good report, and you have to be willing to answer that 4pm email about someone's coverages on their auto policy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:59 PM

Sun - Thurs 11-4:30. But that's In-office hours. I do a lot of work outside of work, as well. Meeting customers at cafes or at their homes, answering emails, ect. Tuesday and Wednesday nights I shut off my work phone as I have a back up in the office that assists me.

But I've seen all kinds of hours available for agents. From working 4 10hour shifts, to working just a few hours every day... ect.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What kind of hours do you work
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)